Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Valentine's Day

When comes to any celebration, no other company can challenge Dell. Look at this cubies, it’s full of love shape balloons.

So it’s Valentine Day, everyone buying flowers, gifts, chocolate, and etc. But not for me. There was no flower, no chocolate, and there was not even a nice formal dinner like what other couple do.

Not to say that I’m stingy or what. But for me, Valentine Day is just a celebration. And Lucky me, I have a GF who is very understanding. Like what Kenny Sia from www.kennysia.com mentioned, 14th Feb is the day when stupid guys get suckered into buying OVERPRICED roses, OVERPRICED soft toys and OVERPRICED chocolates from some opportunistic money-minded vampires.. hahaha.. true what he means.

But the fact is, do you all know what is Valentine’s Day means? Ok, this goes back to an ancient times, when people paid honor to the Roman God of Fertility. This was known as the Feast of Lupercalia, and was celebrated even then on February 14th.

So, what I did was, went for a normal dinner, no roses, no gifts as I bought the gifts last month and gave it to Cher’s on the spot. Hehehe.. And no fancy dinner. Went back to her house, watch TV with her and the mom.




No comments: