Sunday, June 01, 2008

Ang Chew Mee Suah

Read somewhere about this place and also a colleague of mine was telling me about this, so on Saturday, I made my way to this place that was selling this noodle called Ang Chew Mee Suah. In english it would be called Red Wine Vermicelli. The stall is found in the coffee shop (Kedai Kopi Hock Seng) located at the corner of Kedah Road and Burma Road. Or if you are not familiar with the road names, it is just at the corner next to Little Cottage. This coffee shop last time at night it used to sell good & cheap japanese food until the cook decided to move out.

So what is so special about this noodle? Well it is actually rice vermicelli cooked in red fermented rice wine. So there is a strong rice wine taste in the red coloured soup. Chatted up with the aunty she informed that this style of noodle can be found in Sitiawan- Hock Chew style.

Each bowl served comes with a chicken drumstick which is all red. It is because they boil the chicken in the soup. So to explain how the soup taste like....imagine sweet chicken soup with wine taste. Well anyways how I found it to be? I didn't quite like it as apart from the wine taste in the soup, I found it to be very tasteless. I had to put extra soya sauce in my bowl. But for Ed and my parents, they liked it.
The Stall



Ang Chew Mee Sua

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should try it with chilli padi. Anyway, you won't like it the first time.

Anonymous said...

Don't look too good