Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Liu Li Xiang Klang Bak Kut Teh

This place you can find along Bagan Jermal just before the Penang Chinese Girls High School. It is called Liu Li Xiang Klang Bak Kut Teh. I have never tried a Klang Bak Kut Teh before, so I cannot compare how it is. So all I can say is how it tasted for me.

We ordered two types of Bak Kut Teh, the dry one and the soupy one. Between both, I liked the dry type better. It has a stronger taste and herby fragrance to it. Where else the soupy one, not that strong taste in the herby department.

Dry One

Soupy One

As for side dishes, we ordered a plate of prawn mantis cooked with dried chilies. It was good.Followed with Fried Sambal Kacang Botol which was way spicy for me and a plate of special Taufu with the Thai Chilly sauce on it.

Fried Sambal Kacang Botol

Taufu

Then my eyes caught these small fishes which reminded me of my grandma's fried fish, so we ordered a few fishes. It was deep fried and served while it was hot and still crispy. It looked good, but it did not have enough salt on it. Was not so tasty for me. Was a bit disappointed by it. Left me with a huge craving for my Grandma's fried fish.

So drop by here one day if you are like me who have not tried a Klang Bak Kut Teh. However if you know of other places selling better ones in Penang, do drop me a comment. I am always looking for places to pig out.


1 comment:

Aliza Tan said...

Love your blog on foods. Looks like both of you are everywhere hunting for good foods eh...cool~

I know of a place for tasty dried bak kut teh, well at least I know I loved it very much. The shop is called Good Master located at Taman Mutiara, Bukit Mertajam. But watch out though, there are two shops directly opposite with with exactly same name and shop sign, just different owner, so dont confuse with the wrong one.