Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Cherry Blosoom

Cherry Blossom

Situated in Sungai Ara this house turned Restaurant sells Thai food. Last Friday had a department dinner there with my colleagues. Six tables were booked and this is what we had to eat.

Pandan Chicken
It was pretty good and tasty. Chicken meat was at least reasonably in size. It was served with a special sauce, but I preferred it plain to get that marinated taste.

Pandan Chicken

Steamed Fish
Fish was steamed in sour and spicy gravy which tasted abit like Tom Yam. It was alright for me. Had a lot of cilantro leaves, lemon grass and ginger bits in it.

Steamed Fish

Kerabu Mango
This was way too plain for me. It didn’t quite have that kerabu intensity taste in it. It tasted more like Mango slices mixed with vinegar and sugar with loads of chilli padi and bits of onion slices. Disappointment!

Kerabu Mango

Otak Otak
Cute presentation. Taste was good. Wasn’t too spicy for me either which made me enjoy it more. Had a lot of huge prawns and squid in it which went fast on the table. Wish I had more of this to eat that night… kinda think of it, this dish reminded me of a Thai restaurant in Jitra called Reung Reang

Otak Otak

Tanghoon with Prawns
This dish was a total failure for the chef here at Cherry Blossom. It was tasteless and it didn’t look appetizing to eat either.

Tanghoon with Prawns

Basil Chicken
Abit on a spicy side. Presentation of the dish was abit plain as the chicken just looked so soaked and soggy on the plate. Had a bit of the basil taste in it but I didn’t quite like it as the chicken slices did not have taste after you put it in your mouth…what I mean here, it was not well marinated or if I’m not surprised NOT marinated at all. Anyways I am not much of a breast meat eater.

Basil Chicken

Seafood Tom Yam
This was rocket fuel for everyone. I only ate the prawn and stayed away from the torture of drinking down the soup. I guess it was good for everyone.

Seafood Tom Yam

Deep Fried Kangkung
Thumbs up for this dish. It was lovely!!!! Kang Kung batter was tasty and fried really crispy. Wish I had more of this also.

Deep Fried Kangkung

Dessert - Tham tim krop
Now this was a major disappointment, the coconut they used was already off-bad. Had that sour gassy taste. We complained and the boss came but they did not replace the dessert with something else…ugh!!


No comments: