Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Shanghai 10 located in Queensbay Mall

Shanghai 10 located at Queensbay Mall on the 3rd floor inside the skating rink is a restaurant selling dim sum and noodles known as "La Mien". Once thing bad about the location of this restuarant is that it is in the skating rink area and the noise pollution there makes you loose your whole appetitte to eat. Just wonder why of all locations the owner choosed that spot. But anyways lucky me that day, there were not many people skating around so the music wasn't on full blast.

Brought my mum along so since it was the two of us, we didn't order much. Mum ordered her glutonious rice while I ordered a stir fried flour rolls with spicy sauce. As a side dish we ordered a serving of the Shanghai double boiled soup dumpling and for desert we tried out a vanila caramilised pudding.


The Glutonious rice or also known in chinese as "Lor Mai Kai" was pretty tasty.

Stir fried flour rolls with spicy sauce. The picture of this caught my eye when I was browsing through the menu. Probably because seeing that the flour rolls were actually chee cheong fun. Something different to me. The dish had alot of fried garlic in it which made it so very tasty. So those who do not favour Garlic in their food, best you stay away from this dish. I enjoyed this so much but until to a point that it started to get really spicy for me. In the end had to order another glass of ice water for myself- torture.


Shanghai double boiled soup dumpling. This is something like "Siu Loong Pau" where there is soup inside the dumpling. I found the dumpling skin rather too thick. Soup was nice and the meat inside was so so for me. It was just alright for me.


Vanilla caramilised pudding. This was dessert to wash away the spicyness from my mouth. Found it rather sweet. Tasted something like those caramel custards, with a thicker sticky texture.

Not sure if the place will survive (not many customers) but I think I would be coming back here again to try out other dim sum dishes. I have a few in mind which I would like to try out eg the deep fried prawn dumpling, pan fried dumplings, la mian, egg tarts, and their desserts such as the durian pancake and the sweet peanut cream with bun.

Durian Pancake

No comments: