Monday, November 24, 2008

Roti Jala at Hup Kee

It was my first time trying Agnes Keun's Roti Jala at Hup Kee coffee shop. Stall is owned by a Eurasian couple who has been selling roti jala for quite sometime. Somehow I never got to try it till recently.

Hup Kee coffee shop can be found just after the Belissa Row stretch in Pulau Tikus. It is a corner coffee shop with a huge umbrella tree next to it. Here you would find Agnes Keun's stall which is opened daily from 9am to 3pm.

He sells his roti jala in sets which consist of 5 roti jala, curry chicken vindaloo, potato and some homemade pickle. I enjoyed the chicken vindaloo very much. Maybe because it was sour and not too spicy for me. Soaked my roti jala in the gravy, Oh it was gorgeous. Shall be coming back here more often till I get gelak of it.


Agnes Keun's Special Roti Jala

Mr Keun in action making his roti jala

The set

Roti Jala, not so yellow in colour

Curry Chicken Vindaloo, Potato and the Pickle

No comments: