Saturday, October 25, 2008

Annabelle's Place


Annabelle's Place seems to be quite a new restaurant found in the new shop lots along Lembah Permai 4. It took me quite sometime to find the place as I was not really familiar with that area. But alas after 15 minutes of driving around I found it. To my surprise Torch was opening just next to it but it is still under renovation.

First thing when I stepped in the place, I loved the atmosphere here. It had a really nice relaxing old English cottage feeling. See the pictures below and you would know what I mean. Good for having tea and gossip sessions with your gal friends.



The place sells food for breakfast, lunch, tea and dinner. Was browsing through their menu and they have quite a variety of food to choose from. For example, for breakfast they have scones, muffins and sandwiches. Then for tea, they have tea sets for two whereby you have a pot of tea, cakes, scones, finger sandwiches etc all in it, cakes and wonderful deserts. Main meals here they have pastas, sandwiches and 2 local food. Come to think of it, place reminds me a lot of winter warmers, but I would certainly say that the food at Annabelle's place is much much better.

The owner, a young lady who runs the place spent her learning cooking days back in France. She was very friendly and made short friendly chats with us. The funny thing was that we all thought she was familiar but could not guess from where.

So here is what we ate at Annabelle's Place.

Creamy Crab Meat Pasta.
The pasta was tossed with crab meat and creamy lemon sauce. It was really creamy and tasty. It was my first time having crabs in my pasta though. It was good. Enjoyed every slurp of it. Thumbs up for this.



Seafood Spicy Olio Pasta.
Spaghetti tossed with herbs, garlic and chillies, served with squid, prawns and mussels. It was good and strong in taste. But not spicy at all. Not recommended for those who dislike garlic as this pasta dish had loads of it.



Ocean Treasures
Baked crab in creamy mushroom sauce. Served with fresh garden salad and hash brown. It had two crab shells which were stuffed with crab meat, onions and mushroom and baked with cheese on top. It was wonderful. But if your really hungry, this dish would not be able to fill you up.




Creme Brulee
Yes the hunt for the best creme brulee is still on. And Annabelle's Place just got a first placing in my list for the best creme brulee found so far in Penang. Hahaha. Do try this. You'll fall in love with it. Double thumbs up.




Tiramisu
Oh la la this was extremely good. Strong with liquor and just the right taste of everything. It would be a sin if you left the place without trying this out. It's gorgeous. Try it and let me know how you feel. Double thumbs up.



Are you starting to drool?? Well I certainly can't wait to come back here again. This time I would try out their basil chicken (was recommended by the young lady) and their teas snacks.

Here's a picture of the map to get to Annabelle's Place.
Place opens from 11.30am to 2.30pm and 4.30pm to 10 pm. However in the weekends, it is opened all the whole day. Closes on Mondays.

6 comments:

audytony said...

Hello there Cheryl and Edzil, your food blog is GREAT :-))) I am only sorry I didn't read it more frequently since the first time I bumped into it, which I think was earlier this year. Its got such eye-and-brain-bogglingly various food reviews...

I'll try to send more traffic to your pages ok? Some people are paid loads to write about what they eat, and I hope you are too eventually :-D

Audrey

Shimmers said...

looking at the map.. still not too sure where...

we should go there! me wanna try out the scones! :D

Rebecca Saw said...

haaa.. didnt expect to "bum" into ya like this! Hahaa.. can guess who am I??

Anonymous said...

This, I can assure you it's a nice place to wallop the home-made cakes. My friends used to buy cakes from them although it's a bit pricey.The lady owner of the shop is very friendly and obliging, that's for sure. Looks like the place is helped around by family members and all are so courteous, friendly and so down to earth.

Why not drop by and see for yourself?

Anonymous said...

Oh, one more thing to tell you guys. The place is a bit difficult to find and that's why it makes it more interesting.

If one is travelling on the road called Vale Of Tempe and ask for direction to Alilla Condo you won't miss Annabelle's Place.

Have fun!

leslie said...

G’day, I’m Leslie from Penang.cc (Penang Community Centre). I enjoy reading your articles and would like to request permission to feature the article on Annabelle’s Place in our website (for more info visit http://www.mrain.com/pgcc/content/view/165/48/). In addition, we will like to extent invitation for your participation in our Bloggers’ Appreciation Programme (find out more at http://www.mrain.com/pgcc/content/view/158/69/). Join us to participate in our invited reviews for travel destinations, dinnings, product & services etc., at the same time receive exclusive deals & prizes for your readers. Kindly email me at leslie.loh@penang.cc for more information. TQ