Sunday, April 18, 2010

Amelie Cafe Part II

Here is part II of Amelie Cafe.

If you have read my previous post on Amelie, this is the continuation of it after I visited the place again. Actually thinking back, I am pratically coming back here every weekend. If not, it is at least once in 2 weeks.

In my other visits, tried out a few of their pasta dishes. My most favourite one would be the Laksa Pasta. Laksa and pasta??? That was exactly the reaction of my friends that came with me that day when Laksa Pasta was on the today's special. Being the adventourous one, I ordered it and till today I am still craving for it. It is a two thumbs up for me. The dish is dry and not soupy. The pasta (Fettuncini pasta) is served with a thick lemak laksa gravy topped with a lot of fish meat. The smell...ahhh it was so frangrant and appetising. Loved it so much.

Laksa Pasta (Two thumbs up)- A must try


Tuna and Pineapple Pasta
If you are a tuna person, you would like this pasta dish. It is a creamy base pasta where you have the tuna, pineapple and cream mixed together with some herbs and cheese. It is alright for me with room for improvement as it is missing the "kick" or "Ommphness" in it. Maybe perhaps more cream and herbs to intensify the taste. Something was just missing in this.

Aglio Olio Pasta
It had bits of dried chilly and pork luncheon meat in it with olive oil taste to it. Not forgetting it had a very strong peppery taste to it. Something interesting to try out if you are not a creamy pasta person.

Bolognaise Pasta
A friend of mine had this, she was not satisfied with it...so I took a bit to try out. Taste wise, it was rather bland. The intensity of that tomato herby flavour taste was not there. Needs room for improvement.


Big Breakfast
This was ordered by my dad one morning when we went there for breakfast. It had two eggs (your choice of having it scrambled, half boiled or sunny side up), bacon slice, jam and two slices of wholemeal bread. Not forgetting some fruits on the side. Dad finished this up with a big smile on his face.
Yogurt fruit granola
This is a very healthy breakfast meal to take. It had granola (somekind of oat) mixed with fruits (watermelon, banana and starfruit), dried fig, almond, walnut and raisins topped with fresh plain yogurt. Really a healthy way to start your day.
Passion Fruit and Banana Yogurt Smoothie
This is my favourite. Another two thumbs up. It is very refreshing and good. Has that sourness yet sweet taste to it. Loved it.
Jackfruit Yogurt Smoothie
Jackfruit is my biggest enemy so I stayed away from trying this drink out. But my friend who ordered it said it was alright. It had that jackfruit smell and taste in it. Good for those jackfruit lovers...something interesting, who would have thought a "jackfruit yogurt smoothie" to drink.



So this is all I have to write about. Hope to try out more wonderfull dishes yet to be served from Amelie. Till then, do visit this lovely place. It is so cute and cozy. Come in the morning where it is not so hot.
Amelie Cafe (Armenian Street)
Tel: 012-4967838
Open from 10 am to 7pm (close on Monday)

1 comment:

Zoe Ana Yusof said...

OMG Oyyyyy, its me lah zoe. i was like, browsing around to find the best seafood in penang until i stumbled upon ur page , THROUGH GOOGLE! Hahaha, howve u been bro?! (ur teluk kumbar seafood post's really tempting, im trying out the place tomorrow dude)