Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Ah Ma's Birthday Makan

The Family Pict 2

Cher's finishing the Lobster....

Cher's Grandma....

The Family Pict 1

Inside the Ship....

Anyone for Snails?
After fighting for his life, in the end, ended on the table....
The alive "Lobster"....

Yummy food from Starview....

Last Sun, you can say it was an eat all day DAY. It was my Ahma's birthday (real ahma not dugong ahma). My uncle from KL came down with his family also to celebrate with my ahma.

Why do I say eat all day??? Let's start....for lunch we made reservations to eat at Starview along Burmah Road. Food was good. Place was so packed and noisy. My poor mum had to put her ear plugs on. We ordered rice and chinese dishes. See what we ordered....

Chicken Marmite...that was uniquely good. Fish Fillet with a touch of curry flavour, Pai Kut which was the best ever I've eaten (very tender and juicy marinated well with the spices), Prawn Salad (restaurants specialty served chilled), Mixed Vegetable and Taufu which is not in the picture as it came in late.
As for desert, we were all wanting to have the old fashion chinese dessert...Flat pancake with peanut soup....but the restaurant only had the flat pancake..so we settled for it. Pastry was good. But it was a lil bit on a sweet side. For those who don't know what's this....it's a pancake (flat
pastry) filled with Lotus paste.

After lunch we were all so full. But we still had more goodies coming our way. On the way back to ahma's house I bought some Popiah Chee and Cucuk udang which you dip it in Laksa Kuah...indian man who sells just behind Giant supermarket.

When we went back to Ahma's house....it was the blowing cake ceremony. Uncle brought back a Christmas pudding cake from US. We lit a candle and sang Happy Birthday to my Ahma. The pudding was served with some whip cream....taste, Marvelous....it wasn't so sweet, had a kick of liquor together topped with the cream....ooohhhhh what a waste to my diet!!!! This Christmas Pudding is only served during Christmas time. It's actually more of a rich fruit cake soaked with some Liquor. You can't eat much as it can get very "gelaking".

After the cake we headed back home for a short nap. In the evening got ready and left the house as it was time to eat again....Where did we go?? Well up to Batu Feringghi. Uncle wanted some nice atmosphere place and some seafood.
So he suggested Eden Seafood Village...we all walked in looked at the fishes...looked at the menu and walked out. It was so expensive....!!!!!

So we hopped next door to sail around the island while eating...hahaha the Ship it was. Surprisingly the place was packed.

For appetisers my uncle ordered one dozen of Escargots....but I didn't dare try it for the second time. But I did order an Onion Soup which was tasteless and starcy, never again!

As our main meal Boo, ordered his all time favourite Chicken Maryland, while I ordered the Grilled Black Cod. It was good but got filled up fast. The rest, my uncle and dad ordered a steak, my mum had her Beef Straganoff and my ahma had the same as me together with my aunt. But before I miss this out....we had a baked LOBSTER too for everyone to share. It was good. But the only sad thing is that we saw the live lobster just before it was sent to the kitchen. What a pity...anyways back to the Lobster..it was cooked the traditional way with cheese and what-nots. I being greedy, when everyone had their share I took the whole lobster and started to clean up all the areas looking for some extra hidden flesh. Don't be surprised, I manage to get a table spoon of meat!

While eating my uncle quietly told the waiter that we are celebrating my ahma's birthday..so they cooked up something special for the birthday lady....they gave us a birthday cake...sang together with us summore. But the cake was very sweet and just any ordinary sponge butter cake with cream.

But hey it was the thought that counts.
After dinner, it was already 10.30 plus..so we all headed back home. The day was good. And what more....my Boo was with me all the while with my family...I think he has bonded with my uncle...as they were non stop talking about palm tops, camera, hp and all that tacky stuffs. :)








No comments: