Monday, September 15, 2008

The Sire Musuem Restaurant

I have been wanting to go to this place ever since I read about it. But it took me months to find a group to go with. So in the end, planned an outing with my office colleagues. Found out that there were some colleagues who actually go out looking for food and new restaurants. Suddenly I don't feel alone here. **They even have a club formed called E&E which stands for Eating and Entertainment.

Anyways back to this Sire Museum Restaurant. If you are reading this post and have not heard of this place...where have you been all this while. It's the talk of the town, don't be so out dated. . **Looks who's talking here about time

Well back to the post, I only have 1 word to say about this place. It is SUPERB. I call this a great dining experience as not only do you get to eat here, you actually get to walk around the whole mansion full of antic furniture and collectibles. However do be careful not to break anything though.

First let me show you some pictures of the restaurant on the antics they have.

This is what you see when you step in

The narrow walkway to the other side. Kitchen and the toilet is on the right and left side of the wall has wonderful Vietnamese paintings hung

The mini bar behind the set up tables

My favourite wall. It is covered by plants

Plants hanging down from the air well

Part of the dining place

A narrow walkway to a hall. We feel like your walking on water

Narrow walkway leads to this hall

Antique clocks on the wall

Beautiful spiral step leading to 3 different levels


Old table and chairs with pots and tiffin-sets around

I call this the Chinese Room

Gramophone

Old cupboards

Old Jukebox

So have I excited you with this place? Now here are the pictures of some of the food I tried.

Caesar Salad- Not so good
Garlic Bread

Cream of Tomato Soup- Nice sour kick

Mushroom Soup- Gorgeous

3 Piece Lion with Dijon Mustard- Good

Lamb Shank

Caramelized Red Snapper

Seafood Pasta- Tasteless abit

Macaroni Prawns- Very peppery

Hokkien Char- Not Good
Seafood Carbonara- Very creamy

Apple Creme Brulee- rather tiny but good

Chocolate Walnut Brownie- Good

So far this is what I tried. There is actually not much food choices to choose from as I expected a long list of choices. I guess the owner just wants to kept it simple. Prices are quite reasonable. Will certainly come back here again and hopefully it would be with Ed. this time. This is definitely a good place for lunch and dinner with your loved ones or friends.

1 comment:

CK Lam said...

Definetly is a nice and relaxing place...I went there twice when it first opens its door in June.