Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Ben's Diner Restaurant

Ben's Diner is a restaurant found in Sunway Tunas, Bayan Lepas. It is a place that sells western food the non halal way. Restaurant atmosphere is kept simple with interesting photos on the walls such as the owners bike photos, collectible items such as records and etc. Basically the whole place feels nice and cozy to have a good quite meal.

I have been here many times but never got the chance to blog about this place. Parents and myself do come here quite often as we like their food here.

Our favourites here would be for one, I love their Pork Shank here. Priced at only RM 28, I get a whole braised pork knuckle all to myself. Served with sauerkraut, mashed potato and vegetables, it is the perfect meal for me not only in size but in taste too. The pork meat is nice and tender, tasty with some herbs flavours in it, the mash potato is smooth and creamy topped with some nice tasting sauce, and the sauerkraut, oh how I love it together with the pork. Wish I could have more of it every time. So I would give a thumbs up for this if you are a pork meat eater.


Pork Shank

As for my parents, they are nuts about the BBQ pork ribs here. Priced around RM 20, you get 4 meaty ribs marinated and cooked in a special BBQ sauce. Served with some butter herb potatoes and vegetables, it is lovely. However some room for improvement, perhaps a bit of some spicy taste to it would be good. Well it is just my opinion. Thumbs up for this dish. A must try when you come here.**Elderly folks, you need not worry about the meat being chewy. Everything's soft and tender here!

BBQ Pork Ribs

Then as our favourite appetizers or side dishes, we would always order the coleslaw and saute potatoes.

Coleslaw

Coleslaw it is really good here. You have to try this.

Saute Potatoes

Saute Potatoes is a dish with thinly sliced potatoes stir-fried with onions and some sweet, salty dark sauce, which kinda makes you not stop eating it till your done with the whole plate all by yourself in just 2 minutes. That's how good it is. A must try.

The restaurant is opened daily for lunch except Saturdays. Every day, they have special set lunch meals which consist of a drink, soup and your main course. In my last visit, we tried out two other dishes which were Pork Pasties and Grilled Chicken.

Pork patties which Ed took were pretty good and tasty. Served with butter herb potatoes and vegetables topped with some special brown sauce, it did look good.

Pork Patties

Grilled chicken

Soup of the day that comes with your set lunch

The soup of the day was corn soup. It was creamy and tasty.

As the finale to my post, I must not forget my favourite drink here. It is called Lime Freeze. It is lime sherbet ice cream in 7 up. This drink is very hard to find nowadays. I use to have this when at Eden Restaurant (no longer have it anymore) when I was still a kid.

Lime Freeze

Do drop by here and let me know what you think of this place. Other recommended food would be Chicken Parmigiana, Garlic bread and Oxtail Soup. Happy eating.

Address:
43-G, Persiaran Mahsuri 1/1
Sunway Tunas
11900 Bayan Lepas
Phone: 019-528-8271
Business Hours:
11.30am - 2.15pm
6.00pm - 9.15pm
Closed Saturdays

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really miss the food at this place, my last visit was exactly one year ago. Thanks for sharing all the nice food.

Unknown said...

Hi, Its Ben, my TM line is no more in service. My new number is 019-528-8271. Thank you.

Edzil and Cheryl said...

Hi Ben,
Thanks. I have changed the number on my post.

Anonymous said...

i tried this today with my mom. we tried the pork ribs and mushroom sauce snapper. both were yummy:) service is fast too!

Anonymous said...

Sad that the place is too small, can't fix us like 10pax

alex_cchuat said...

wu.. I like to propose to my gf and looking for a western restaurant..
Donno its suit to help it Ben's restaurant? Donno can arrange some special music during that time or not..

Anonymous said...

The snapper fish serve got odd taste and smell. The service is worst than the fish. 0/10 for this restaurant.