Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Koay Chiap Noodles

One weekend (probably 3 weeks ago) my parents and I went driving around town looking for some place new to try out. After much rounds made, we landed at this coffee shop called satu satu tiga (113) coffee shop along Malay Street (Lebuh Melayu). Beats me why it is named that way,...perhaps it could be the shop address. Anyways this place was only selling duck koay chiap and duck rice.



I tried out the duck koay chiap. This is most probably my second time eating this in my whole 26 years of eating. But here is what I got to say of what I thought of it....it was rather tasteless even though it had that dark coloured gravy. Did not quite enjoy it as I was not used to how it tasted like. Well don't get me wrong but other people around liked it as the shop was half packed.

Koay Chiap noodles

I also tried out their duck meat which was cooked in a braised way. Served without bones and thinly sliced, it was pretty alright for me. I think I would still prefer the roasted duck way. Accompanied with it, we also had some taufu, eggs and dad's favourite, INTESTINES. Everything here was in that dark coloured sauce. So I got everything tasting the same.

See the naked ducks hanging!

Taufu and Egg

Duck meat

Duck, taufu and egg

Well not a really satisfying lunch I had, but it was a good adventure to try out. Do drop by here one day and check it out for yourself. Who knows, it may be wonderful for you.



The sign shows perhaps the day and time the shop operates which I cannot understand as it is written in Chinese (Darn It!)

No comments: