Wednesday, March 10, 2010

CNY Makan Part 3- Zhong Hua Restaurant

3rd CNY makan this time with the girls. We all wanted some traditional Chinese Dishes like Peking Duck and Suckling Pig...so we picked this place found at Midlands Shopping Mall.

We were not sure how big the portions would be for the Peking duck and suckling pig, so we did not order a lot of dishes.

First main dish was the Yee Sang. It was a must to have it for CNY. But when the yee sang was served, it looked absolutely different to all the other yee sangs I had. See the picture below....


Was filled with a lot of those cripsy things and what more...filled with coriander leaves!!! Now what Yee Sang has Coriander leaves??? Its a big deal for me because I ain't a coriander leaf person. Hate the taste. So had to pick the leaves out. Good thing the whole dish did not have the strong coriander leaf taste. But we enjoyed the "loh yee sang". A huge portion of the yee sang did overflow from the plate...and none of the girls admitted who did it...hahahaha too excited!

Second dish was our Crispy Peking Duck. Served exactly how we wanted it to be with those pancake sheets, cucumber, onion leaves and hoisin sauce. Lovely. However every bite of the duck skin made us all guilty. Taste wise....well I must say, I've had better ones before. This was alright for me. The rest of the duck meat came much much later in a dish which was cooked with black pepper sauce. It was not so wonderful.





Third dish was the Suckling Pig. It looked good, but taste wise, it wasn't that tasty. The skin was crispy and salty a bit, but it did not have any spices taste to it. Meat on the other hand was rather bland I would say. So I was a bit disappointed. It did not have that "Oomph" taste to it.




Fourth Dish we ordered was Broccoli with Mushrooms. It was nice and tasty.


Fifth dish, we ordered an omelet. It had prawns, mushroom, onions and chilly in it.


For dessert we thought they would have the Peanut Soup and Lotus Paste Pancake, when asked, they said they did not have. Then we asked any special dessert, they only had this white fungus and red dates dessert to serve. Bummer, I could not have my fav chinese dessert.


We each paid about RM 40 each for the whole meal. There were 9 of us. Would I come back here again? Well certainly not for the duck and pig though. However my friends were saying that mornings they sell Dim Sum which is quite good. Perhaps I will come try one day.

No comments: