Sunday, October 19, 2008

Miss Saigon Revisited

I have been craving for Miss Saigon food suddenly. Most of all, I am craving big time for their Vietnamese Southern Noodle.......

It all started when I arranged a makan session with my colleagues just before the Raya break. There were at least 17 of us so I got to taste a bit the different food dishes they ordered. I must say I am very impressed with their food presentation.

So anyways this is what we all ordered that day. First of is the Drip Coffee. It was an interesting concept. You could get at least 3 cups of the coffee out of this drip container.

Then anot5her drink which many of us ordered was the Premium Blend. Super good and absolutely strong coffee content. Kept me awake almost the whole night through.


Special Fragrant Paste with "La-Lot" Leaf. Loved the spiral deco here which is actually made out of biscuit. Dish was pretty alright. I thought it had some kind of laksa smell but colleagues said it was not. Portion quite reasonable for 6 pieces of those "La-Lot" thingy stuffed with meat.

Traditional Veitnamese Chicken Noodle Soup. It is koay teow in Chechken broth. It looked really blend. Collegue who ate this was disapointed. Said it did not have taste.

Grilled Boneless Chicken Thigh with lemon leaf. This was what I ate and I loved it. Chicken had lemon leaf and strong serai taste. Heck they even shredded the serai into think strips for you to eat it together with the chicken. Yummy-licious. The rice served was garlic flavoured. Breath kinda stank the whole night!


Fragrant Beef Baked in Bamboo Cup. This dish is slightly on the spicy side. Beef strips are found in the bamboo cup. topped with a bit of coconut flesh. Tasty dish indeed.



This is my all time favourite now. Vietnamese Southern Noodle-Stir fired Chicken/Beef. You can choose to have chicken or beef. But I would recommend the beef one. Noodle here is the thick rice noodles which we use for Laksa. So if your craving for something sour and with peanuts, go for this dish. Highly recommended.

Shredded Skinless Duck Breast in Vietnamese Basil Sauce. If you are fan for basil leave, this would be the perfect dish for you. It is loaded with basil leaves and garlic.

Something similar to the above dish but this time it is scallops.


And for dessert, the recommended Vietnamese Apple Pie. The rose shaped is actually slices of apple on top of the puff pastry. Dish is served warm. Lovely.


Here is a group photo of my colleague and myself. There are a few missing ones who left early. It was a nice evening hanging out eating with them. Hope everyone enjoyed their meal. Till the next makan session- stay slim!

PS: To view my 1st post of Miss Saigon Click here

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

not bad.

Anonymous said...

wow, very special, i like it.

Anonymous said...

yeah! its much better,

Anonymous said...

ok. I found an information here that i want to look for.

Anonymous said...

im your favorite reader here!

Anonymous said...

what happened to the other one?

Anonymous said...

very nice! hahahahaha

Anonymous said...

very cool.

Anonymous said...

very nice! hahahahaha