Saturday, June 20, 2009

Harvest In Cafe

Harvest in Cafe is a restaurant found at Irrawady Road (road behind Gleneagles). Came here today for lunch with my parents. The place was really packed but we manage to get ourselves a small table for 3. Becuase it was packed, it was kinda noisy, almost sounding like a coffee shop. We could hardly hear ourselves while talking. Maybe it is the ceiling or something here that bounces back each and everyones voices.


Interior inside was simple. But somehow, the picture above, I kinda liked the bar a.k.a drink making place.

So anyways, before coming here, I thought they have set lunch served here, but when I finally sat down, it was Ala-carte. Prices here are pretty reasonable. Main meals here are priced from RM 7.90 onwards. Reasonable right?

So how was the food........read and you shall know.

First of all, our drinks. We had Orange Juice, Honey Lemon and Good old Sky Juice.

Orange Juice, Good old Sky Juice and Honey Lemon

As a starter we ordered the Soup of The Day which was Mushroom Soup. Soup tasted from the can type with just extra mushrooms in it. Certainly did not taste homemade style. But it was nice and tasty. Soup was served with 2 slices of garlic bread at the side.

Soup of The Day which was Mushroom Soup

Then to share, we ordered a Croissant with Tuna and Cheese. Well this was from the Breakfast Menu actually. I must say it was good. It had a layer of thick cheese on top and the croissant taste was up to standard type. Shall certainly be coming back here for more of this. This shall be my favourite item here.

Croissant with Tuna and Cheese

Then for our main meals, my choice of dish was disappointing to the max. I had Hollanaise Herb Fish- fish fillet roasted with herb and served with buttered rice and daily vegetables. When my dish came and when I saw my fish, first thing I thought was "oh it does not look good" The fish absolutely did not look appetizing (see my picture below). The fish had a strong fishy taste and I could not taste any herb taste. Just onions, carrots, turmeric leaves and lemon juice taste was only what I could taste together with the fishy taste.The salad they gave, which had salad leaves, onion leaves and carrots was served just plain like that with no sauce what-so-ever. Aiyo....But the buttered rice served was at least tasty.

Hollanaise Herb Fish

The next main meal was recommended by the waiter to try out their Chicken Cordon Blue. Supposedly best selling here. It was served with lovely mash potato and with some salad. Food here is pork free so the ham used was chicken ham.

Chicken Cordon Blue

The other main meal was called Chicken Tikka Masala. Indian food served here???
It is grilled boneless chicken marinated with curry spice served with buttered rice and daily vegetables. Well for me, rating 1-10, I would give it only 4. Mum commented " Taste like Matsalleh trying to cook curry".

Chicken Tikka Masala

For what we ate it came up to only RM 46. Pretty reasonable, but food wise, well for me not up to expectations. But perhaps I should come back again and try out other dishes. I saw some tables having Chicken Chop and some chicken with mushroom sauce which looked good.

Address: 10 Irrawaddy Road, 10050 Penang.
Opening hours: 11am to 3pm and 6pm to 10pm
Closed on Sundays. Closed for Dinner on Tuesdays.
Tel: 04-2261718

No comments: