Monday, June 15, 2009

siTigun



If you are around town area and looking for somewhere to have tea, SiTigun is the place to go. It is located in Nagore road. Tigun Wibisana is the name of the owner who has travelled world wide searching for the right place to settle down with his wife Sandra. Finally settling in Penang they decided to open this shop siTigun as a pit stop cafe and also as a pit stop for cyclist. As I quote

"Tigun suggests that you leave your car behind and ride the bicycle over to siTigun café. Enjoy the Heritage Penang Island. siTigun boasts a varied menu of coffee drinks for all tastes and desires. The café is located in the heart of the famous Heritage Nagore. Begin to really enjoy the good bean and the good ife at siTigun cafe."






I first got to know this place from a pamphlet which Ed brought back on day. The very weekend I went out to find the place. Since the I have visited this place 4 times already.

What is sold here?

Well firstly is their varied menu of coffee drinks. He has his own coffee roasting machine which you can spot it in the cafe. I tried his coffee and boy can I say, it is really "kao kao". If you are a strong coffee drinker, this would be the right place for you.



List of Drinks

espresso
cappuccino
café au lait / latte
coffee mocca
crash coffee (known as kopi toebroek in Indonesia or Turkish)
siTigun regular coffee (robusta)
siTigun ice blended coffee (known as Sicilian ice blended coffee)
clay-pot tea (known as teh poci in Indonesia)
jasmine tea
fresh squeezed orange or apple juice
gujahe (traditional Javanese ginger tea with palm sugar)

I have tried their crash coffee (known as kopi toebroek in Indonesia or Turkish), well I didn't quite like it as it was extremely strong, thick and without any milk. Also when drinking this, the waiter explained the technique to drink this, you are suppose to stir in your coffee then wait for awhile for the coffee to settle down, before you drink it. Reason to it, well you ought to try it to know.


Kopi toebroek in Indonesia or Turkish

Then I tried their siTigun regular coffee (robusta), it was also very strong and without milk. Both time coffee came without milk, so I started to ask the waiter which coffee has milk. So she suggested to me cafe latte and cappuccino. Both also i may say were still very strong. After the fourth try, I decided, no more coffee for me here. I can't seem to get use to the strong taste of the coffee. Not to say their coffee ain't good, it's just not up to my taste. Perhaps if you are a strong coffee drinker, you would appreciate the coffee here more than me.


siTigun regular coffee (robusta)
Cafe latte
Cappuccino
So in my last visit, I opted to try their freshly squeezed apple juice. Hahahah it was as normal.

For tea foody snack wise, they have fresh from the oven homemade goodies such as tiramisu, chocolate mousse cake, madeline cookies, biscottis, croissant and danish roll.

Tiramisu.
Their tiramisu here contains alcohol so it gives you that kick when you eat it. I must say I like the tiramisu here. It is fresh and good.

Tiramisu

Chocolate mousse cake

You will be amazed as this cake also has some alcohol in it. Cake is really rich with chocolate. So if you are a chocolate lover, this is recomended.
Chocolate mousse cake


Biscottis
Crispy, tasty and good.
Biscottis

Croissant
They have two types of croissants here. You can have your croissant served plain with butter and jam on the side, or you can have it stupped with rendang. Both ways equally good. Croissants

Croissant with Rendang
Croissant with Butter and Jam
Cinnamon Roll
Oh this is to die for. I had it once, served warm, it was yummy-licious. Highly recomended.


Cinnamon Roll



Address:15 - 17 Jalan Nagore10050 Pulau PinangMalaysia
Phone: 04. 288 7108
Monday18.00 to 22.00Tuesday
Sunday08.00 to 22.00
Website: siTigun

1 comment:

DJC said...

Yeah, the Tiramisu and Cinnamon Roll are the must try item ^^