Saturday, June 20, 2009

Louis Cafe Western Cuisine

I have had friends telling me about this place many times but never had the chance to go there until one fine Saturday afternoon I took my mum out for lunch here. It was sort of a mother-daughter day out thing. Dad and Bf were busy. Louis Cafe is located along Argyll Road which serves western food.



We reached there early so we were the first customers to enter. Since it was only two of us, we were limited to try out more dishes. My mum ordered the Carbonarra Fettucini while I ordered myself baked stuffed chicken. The we also ordered a Mushroom soup to share.
The mushroom soup tasted homemade. It had full of mushrooms in it. Lovely. Kinda reminded me of Dome's mushroom soup a long time ago (recently heard that the standard has gone down)


Serving portion for the Carbonarra was pretty huge while my baked stuffed chicken was pretty miserable in size. But taste wise for both dishes were good.
The Carbonarra Fettucinni had Turkey ham and mushrooms in it. It was tasty and really creamy, just how I like it. Maybe with some red wine in it would have been better and replace the Turkey ham with Bacon would have made it super-licious. Mum enjoyed it.

My Baked Stuffed Chicken was miserable in a way because it was the size of a sausage -the sausage was wrapped with the chicken meat. But ignore my complains here, I must say the taste was good. It had a nice herby taste, the meat was soft and tender. The cream sauce with it was also creamy and tasty. Everything was good to the last lick. Plate was wiped clean.


I would certainly be coming back here for more food. Place if affordable and good. But need to find members because Ed ain't much of a western food eater.

Address: 161-C, Argyll Road 10050 Georgetown, Penang.
Tel: 012-979 4833
Business Hour: 11 am to 11pm daily.


No comments: