Sunday, November 25, 2007

Ajisen Ramen at Gurney Plaza

Ajisen Ramen was found at Kumamoto, Japan in 1968. Currently Ajisen Ramen already have 400 plus chain in worldwide. Ajisen Ramen targeted to open 1000 and above food chain worldwide. Ajisen Ramen is “World Ramen”.

This is a 3-4 months old Restaurant found at Gurney Plaza. It's found on the ground floor just next to Nando's. Yesterday was my second time eating there. The place is usually packed for lunch and dinner. Majority of the poeple there are all Chinese. You wouldn't see a malay person there was the Restaurant sells pork (non-Hallal).

Ajisen Ramen shop. Look properly and you would see Purple Cynthia in there posing.

There were four of us waiting to pig out last night. Each of us ordered 4 different types of Ramen. If I can recall all the names right, Jean (Spicy Char Sui Ramen), Cynthia (Non Katsu Ramen), Ed (Paiku Ramen) and I (Ton Toro Ramen). As side orders we ordered the special Taufu and the Japanese Dumplings (I forgot the name!).

The Ramen noodle itself it nice and smooth. To tell you the truth it looks exactly like the Spaghetti Pasta. From what I have tried, I think each Ramen dish uses the same soup which is whitish looking. Then the variety of taste only comes from the meat they put in your soup.

The first time I came I tried Ed’s Ramen which was some Pork ribs Ramen (name can’t recall). I did not like it as it had a very strong pork taste. So I was stayed away from any pork ribs ramen on my next visit.

My order yesterday was good. No strong pork taste. According to Jean my dish Ton Toro Ramen, meant meat from the Pigs Cheeks. Hahhahaha no wonder it tasted so good. No fats at all. Portions there are quiet reasonable. Halfway eating I was so full.

Ton Toro Ramen, meat from the pigs cheeks which I ordered.

The other Ramen from the rest, I guess it was all good for everyone. No complaints. Everyone was quiet slurping their Ramen.

Paiku Ramen which Ed ordered

Non Katsu Ramen which Cynthia ordered

Spicy Char Sui Ramen which Jean ordered

Aside from the Ramen, one of my favourite side dish was the Cold Tofu Dish. It is served cold and the gravy sauce like has some sour-ness to it. Can’t really say what are the ingredients, but it’s superbly good. I think there’s some pounded up sesame seeds in it. Highly recommended to those who can eat a cold dish.

Cold Tofu Dish

Then there is another side dish which is good. It’s called the Japanese Dumpling. It’s tasty I must say. I once had a bad experience with this Japanese dumpling I tried somewhere else. It was awful. So when they orderd this I was skeptical in eating it as I remembered how it tasted like the last time….but phew no…it’s 100% better. This dumpling is served with vinegar like sauce which you dip in. Wonderful.

Japanese Dumpling. Serves 5 pieces but here's missing 1 piece which went to Ed's stomach.

However an improvement for this Restaurant would be to cut down on the salt content in their Ramen soup. It's abit on the salty side. All else thumbs up for this Restaurant.

No comments: