Wednesday, November 21, 2007

My Darlings

Let me introduce them
Scruffy Duffy
Casey Melleney
Lucky a.k.a. Big Dude
Winnie the Pooh

These are my darlings in my life. Spoilt no doubt and pampered.

Scruffy is the oldest and she’s the leader of the pack. Yes that’s right…the smallest rules. She’s small but she’s smart and cannot be messed with. She has given birth before to 6 pups which I gave away to good homes. She’s fussy at times and playfull. She’s good at fetching the ball which is surprising for her mix breed. However now due to old age she’s started to have cataract.

Scruffy looking all grumpy as she was asleep when I disturbed her for a photo. She needs a bath


Casey Melleney was adopted by me from the SPCA centre. I adopted her on the same week my previous dog passed away. She was once an abused dog which has effected her mentally. She behaves differently from the other dogs and takes sometime to trust humans. She’s scared and shy sometimes and extremely fat. But I still love her and she is happy to be with me. However due to old age kicking in, she’s starting to loose her hearing.

Casey being camera shy. She's running up the steps

Lucky a.k.a. Big Dude is a handful to manage. But with his naughty and playfull personality, who can resist not loving him. He’s the only male among the ladies and sadly to say is still a virgin. He weights 29 kg and has a big built. However he is still skinny looking under his furr. He’s spoilt to the extend that every night he gets to choose which air-cond room to sleep in. He’s number 1 at burping, drooling and not forgetting snoring. He also loves eating fruits and vegetable.

Lucky posing away for his photo shot


Winnie the Pooh was adopted about two years ago from a couple who gave her away. She’s stubborn and lazy. I got her especially for Big Dude to mate with. However she does not seem attracted to Big Dude and growls at him every time he tries to be “naughty” with her. I sometimes call her “the toe stepper” as she can step on your toe without realizing and stay that way for sometime. She weight’s 30kg so it does hurt at times when my toes get stepped on. Her hobby everyday is to sleep. When she goes out for a walk the max round she can go around the field is 2 rounds. After that she’ll sit her butt down on the road and refuse to walk again for a 3rd round. She also has the privilege to choose which air-cond room to sleep in at nights.

Winnie doing what she's good at...sleep

Big dude and Winnie anticipating for a walk on the field

No comments: