Friday, November 23, 2007

Jusco Members Day Sale Madness

Went for Jusco's Members Day Sale today and boy was the place really packed and noisy. There were so many people shopping, fitting rooms were having long queues, Cashier counters were having never ending queues and it was as noisy as a Night market. Perhaps worst than it.
The cashier counter
I came with mum as a teman. Thought she might be busy shopping but she could not stand the sound, so my shopping was cut short. Only manage to get myself a casual black skirt and a colour shirt for only RM 51.00.
Wanna know what was making the place so Noisy? Ok, at certain times they will announce a price reduction on a certain item. The promoters incharge are equiped with a loud speaker. So when the time hits....the alarm goes on and they will start announcing the price reduction. You can hear them shouting out loud "mari mari, 80% discount", "Mari mari lelong lelong"" Mari mari stock baru" Take for example the ladies handbag. They had discounts up to 80% at certain "lelong" times. People actually go crazy. You will see handbags flying from the front to the back. Hands in the air and people all squashed around the rack. And when you hear "mari mari stock baru", that's when the promoter is actually walking in with a big box of new handbags which he practically 'pours' the bags out from the box and over the peoples head aiming straight to the rack. During this time bags go flying and people start rushing to grab the bags. But you wanna know the funny thing about this....you see majority of guys in the crowd...hahahhaha. They actually get bullied by their girls to help snatch a bag of gold!
This is a picture of the handbag area. If you look properly you can see a brown box about to pour out the handbags.
And as usual, I did come across some brainless idiots who are uncivilized and inconsiderate. I was lining up at a fitting room place. There were these two lady's in front of me with about 20 pieces of clothes to try on or more. They had it all in a basket. I was so irritated with them that I nearly wanted to tell them off and show them the sign on the fitting room door that writes "5 garments per fitting". But I decided to walk away and line up at another place where the people followed the rules. I kesian the rest behind them. I peaked at them at times. They had their faces black and long waiting for these two ladies to come out...hehehhehe. I think those two ladies took around 30 minutes to finally come out from the fitting room. My gosh, damn those ladies, brainless idots.
Then at the grocery area they also had lelongs. There was a counter having lelongs on maggie mee, powder milk, milo, toothpaste etc. However the items were limited to 2 units per customer receipt. I saw alot of people buying cream crackers. Saw a trolley all filled up with just cream crakers. Madness!!!!
Then another funny thing was even the bakery there participated in this lelong business. They had stacks of freshly baked buns up for sale and loads of pizza's on sale for only RM 4.99 (a RM1 reduction) I manage to take a picture but it was not good enough as I was abit shy to go infront of the promoters to snap shot them. Hahahahahha.
Picture of the backery madness. See the guy with the white hat, he was the person incharge of lelong-ing the pizza's
So all in all, I must say this is an experience you must not miss.
To my gilrfriends: The next Jusco sale you interested to teman me? Mum was a bad teman and I know Ed would be bored stiff.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

For me I always look forward for jcard day sale but , the jcard privillage is less attractive than jcard day sale. Only a few items are on 50% sale, others at 15% discount.

Do you know or have you notice which item have discount more than 50% on jcard privillage day?

Or what category of item that have generous discounts say 50%. I seldom found interesting item that have been discounted other than supermarket and ladies items here in jusco Taman Universiti JB.

Anonymous said...

Good words.