Saturday, February 16, 2008

Golden Triangle Indochine Rest at Queensbay Mall

New restaurant at Queensbay Mall. My mum that day was bugging me for Vietnamese roll so I decided to give her a treat and check out this place.

Environment here was excellent. Decoration here abit contemporary style. Service was good. The menu had a lot of choices from Thai cuisine dishes to Laotian and Vietnamese. Since mum was craving for Vietnamese Rolls she ordered two type of Vietnamese Rolls, one was steamed Vietnamese Rolls and Deep Fried Vietnamese Rolls. I myself ordered Butter Pineapple Chicken. For dessert we ordered the Mango Glutinous rice and a tam tim krob.

Rolls arrived first. Mum was disappointed as it was not up to her standard. As i know Vietnamese food always has cilantro leaves, however these rolls did not have any. What was in these rolls was minced chicken, salad leaves, groundnut, carrot, and some special sauce. Mum said the rolls she had in Vietnam had a special sauce served separately for you to dip the rolls, here they gave us sweet thai chili sauce which was from the Thai cuisine....huh???

My butter pineapple chicken was good and tasty. The dish was something like the Chinese Sweet and Sour Chicken, except that there was a strong butter taste.

The Mango Glutinous rice here was excellent. Thumbs up for this dish. It cost RM 12 for a serving fit for two. The tam tim krob on the hand was also good, but I gave the Nangka slices to my mum as I'm not a fan of Nangka.
All in all, I would say if you plan to eat here be prepared to pay. What we ordered came out to 70+. Crazy.
The Entrance

The Environment front area

Back Area

Steamed Vietnamese Rolls


Deep fried Vietnamese Rolls


Butter Pineapple Chicken

Mango Glutinous Rice

Tam Tim Krob
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Then this is another version. Last Sat night, me and Ed went here again but this time to try out the dishes. This is what we ordered.
1) Seafood Tom Yam (Thai)- soup was excellent, nice and sour and thick....only bad thing was it was damn spicy for me.
2) Stuffed Mushrooms with broccoli (Laotian)- It was normal only
3) Garlic Beef (Vietnamese)- Ok for me but Ed loved it. Beef slices were thinkly cut, charred and topped with fried garlic.
4) Green Curry Chicken (Thai)- It was good. Very rich creamy santan taste. Not spicy. Good for me.
5) Seafood Otak Otak (Thai)- It was served in a coconut. Smelled good, looked good but was a fuel rocket for me. I couldn't enjoy my food after having a spoon of this otak otak. Way to spicy for me. Wished they had cut down the chilly. Then I would have cleaned up inside the coconut. Next morning in the toilet had a 'fine' time.

For desert we ordered the tam tim krob and the mango glutinous rice. Bill came up to RM 148

Seafood Tomyam

Stuffed Mushroom with Broccoli

Garlic Beef

Green Curry Chicken

Seafood Otak Otak



2 comments:

Rosalind said...

wahrao...it is expensive...
too bad me no fan of vietnamese food....but would like the thai dishes...

CHER!!! RUNG REANG!!!

Shimmers said...

i went to the Golden Triangle in Juru Autocity.. think i did a post on it... food was so so... place was empty.. and it IS $$$... not sure if i want to go there again though...

yea ros... me wanna eat at Rung Reang too!!!