Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Seafood at Teluk Bahang

Seafood Restaurant behind/near End of the world. Forgot the name, something like Water World. Located at Teluk Bahang. Turn 3'o clock at the roundabout, straight in and turn left at the end. Restaurant is on the right.

About 3 weeks ago, Ros my friend had cravings for Lobster which I once introduced to her. So she planned everything without letting me and another friend the conspiracy behind this dinner plan. So on the night, I arrived earlier than Ros did. Asked a friend where was Ros and the friend said she was following another friend. So fine for me, then came an SMS from Ros saying she’s on the way stuck in jam and is with a group of friends from KL. Then it got me suspicious wondering if her special ‘hunny bun’ was down from KL [hunny bun is her BF which I haven’t officially met after they got together, well literally speaking]……well to my surprise hunny bun was down!!! Ros planned this whole surprise. It was good, finally got to meet him, but was not fully armed to interrogate him as I felt abit shy. Well I always need to break the ice first before I can be my true self.

So about the food, we ordered 8 types of dishes.

First dish was the Lobster Termidor. It was baked with cheese, mushrooms, onions, salad leaves, and other ingredients. It was lovely. I could have just eaten the whole lobster for myself. Lobster is a frozen one. This one cost us RM 90.

Then we ordered Ma Por Taufu mainly for Ed to eat as he’s not a seafood person as he gets rashes. This dish I didn’t really try as I’m not a fan of taufu, but everyone said it was ok.

Next dish was the Prawn Mantis cooked in Kam Heong style. It was excellent. Not too spicy for me even though it had a lot of chilli padi in it. Prawn Mantis was reasonably sized and deep fried perfectly.

Vegetable we ordered baby kalian in oyster sauce. Kailan was so small and cute!!! Dish was ok like any normal vege dish.

Ed’s dish again, we ordered sweet sour chicken. It was like any normal sweet sour chicken dish.

Next we ordered deep fried squid which was just ok for me. The batter wasn’t thick enough to coat the squid to make it really crispy when fried.

Then the real deal dish was the crabs. We ordered two types, Marmite crab and sweet sour crabs. Marmite crabs were something different for me. It was good and tasty. Preferred it to the sweet sour crabs which were normal for me. We had 8 crabs which at the end was abit too much for all of us. But we being pigs gobbled everything up.

After dinner, we decided to take a walk around Batu Feringghi to shop. Night ended early as we couldn’t think of wherelse to go as it was drizzling. Also the KL people were also feeling tired after a whole day of eating and walking in town.

But this I must thank Ros for planning this surprise for me and Becky. It was something special for us. Well I must also say, Ed also played a role here helping Ros on this conspiracy. Notti people……

Lobster Termidor

Prawn Mantis cooked Kam Heong style

Baby Kailan in Oyster Sauce

Sweet Sour Chicken

Deep Fried Squid

Marmite crab


Sweet Sour Crab
The group of friends. Smallest in front/middle is the one with the conspiracy and next to her right is her hunny bun

1 comment:

Rosalind said...

MUAHAHAHAHHAAH

yea, poor hunnybun felt like a reluctant 'superstar'.hahahhaha but yea, it was indeed a good surprise n good dinner.

nebermind, either ur next trip to kl/his next trip to PG - u can interrogate him d...