Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Kannichikan Yakiniku Restaurant (KNK)

Tried out this place last week. It is along the row of shop houses next to Island Plaza in Tanjung Tokong. It is on the first floor above the Tepanyaki shop. Place sells BBQ meats where you cook it yourself type. A friend of mine said that it is a Korean BBQ food place but with a Japanese style. I quote from her blog she wrote about this place "Kan at the beginning of the name means Korean, Nichi means Japanese and Kan at the end of the name means house, while Yakiniku means grilled meat. "

What was recommended by my friend was to try their beef. So we ordered ourselves 4 types of beef to try.

The first was called Yukee. It was beef sashimi. At first I was a bit ewww to eat it raw. But I braved myself to try out a small bit. My friend squeezed the lemon juice on the meat and mixed it together with the egg. I must say it tasted good. Had a nice salty sauce taste mixed in with the raw meat. But I could only take a bit as I was beginning to get a bit turn off by it. But my friends loved it. I guess if your a sashimi person, you'd sure love this.

Yukee- beef sashimi

Second beef was called Cyu-Tan which is beef tongue. This I could eat because I've always like eating my mum's beef tongue dish at home. The tongue here was sliced into thin slices. You have to BBQ it slightly and then squeeze some lime juice on it before eating it up. Lovely.

Cyu-Tan- beef tongue

Third beef was called Harami. It the beef skirt flank. Meat was already marinated so we just BBQ-ed it and ate it. It was good also. Better if it is not too cooked as it gets chewy and dry.

Harami

Fourth beef dish was Zyo Bara which was prime short rib. It was also marinated and we just BBQ-ed it and ate it.

Zyo Bara

Besides all the beef we had, we also ordered ourselves a pancake called Chichimi. If I recall in the menu, we ordered the Pajyon which was a Korean pancake with spring onions. It is actually egg with some flour cooked with spring onions and other ingredients served like a big round pancake. You eat it with the special sauce provided. It was nice.


Pajyon

Then we also ordered a bowl of Kimchi soup and a plate of Hotate scallops. I liked the scallops. It was huge and juicy. Cooked it for awhile on the grill before squeezing some lime and dipping it in the pancake sauce. It was nice for me.

Kimchi

Hotate scallops

This is the grill where the BBQ takes place. Each table has one. They do not use gas but charcoal for this.

Grilling some garlic slices

BBQ-ing the beef. One slice got too overcooked

The interior of the Restaurant

I did enjoy my dinner that day here. I thought the food would be sky high expensive but for what we ate it came out to around RM 200 shared by 4 of us, each paid RM 50. Pretty alright right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the BBQ meats, but too bad, they do not replenish lettuce and kimchi for free, like most Korean restaurants. Servings are small, n lack of side dishes. Fried eggs on bibimba are overcooked, could hardly mixed into rice.....