Friday, February 13, 2009

Lauee Home Kitchen- Fine Home Dinning

Lauee is a fine home dinning restaurant situated nearby the roundabout heading to Penang Hill. It is a restaurant whereby the doors are only opened if you have made reservations, so in a way it is quiet private. So if you want to have a nice and peaceful dinner this is the right place to go.

The restaurant is decorated in a way that you feel like as if you’re eating at home. The whole place is air conditioned. Just as you enter the door, there is a living room where there is a sofa and a TV to watch TV. Then as you walk in, you will see a beautiful outdoor garden/ fish pond right in the middle of the house. Around this area is where you will find a few tables and chairs where you have your dinner. I think it can accommodate 4 big round tables. But there are rooms which I think you can also eat in.

The specialty here is their Shark fin Soup (or Shark’s fin soup). They do not use those imitation sharks’s fin but they ONLY serve you genuine shark’s fin. Quote from Wikipedia, Shark fin soup (or shark's fin soup) is a delicacy that has been a popular item of Chinese Cuisine since the Ming Dynasty, usually served at special occasions such as weddings and banquets. As a luxury item, the dish is also considered a symbol of wealth and prestige in Chinese culture”

A bowl or rather a “claypot” of the soup cost RM 50 but it is huge which 2 people can actually share. Soup is darker than the ones you eat outside, and it is filled with a lot of chinese mushrooms, crab meat and some egg. And in it you will find a huge chunk of shark’s fin in it. Served with a plate of cilantro leaves, some chili sambal and vinegar, it is up to you to put these in your soup however way you want it. For me, I poured in A LOT of vinegar to it (love it) and Ed took his favourite Cilantro leaves. This was perhaps my first time ever eating real shark’s fin. It tasted good. But I would not take this in a few years time as I felt a bit guilty knowing that the sharks were killed for this.

Shark’s fin soup

After having the soup, the other dishes slowly arrived. We had ordered Gooselegs, Huge Crab Claws with Tanghoon noodles, Garlic Chicken, Tom Yam Prawn Soup, Fried Crab Rice and Thai Jelly.

Gooselegs

I missed out to try this dish (busy with my tom yam soup) but according to Ed he said it had sweet tau yu taste to it. Looked a lot like chicken feet way of cooking.

Gooselegs

Garlic Chicken

I liked the way this dish tasted. Chicken was chopped to small bite size pieces, crispy and soaked slightly in a sweet, sour gravy. It had also a bit of chinese wine taste to it. Then topped with fresh slices of garlic and some cilantro leaves…..it’s so perfectly good.

Garlic Chicken

Tom Yam Prawns Soup

Following my own tasting pleasure, it was thumbs up all the way for this Tom Yam Soup. I loved it so much. It had that sour taste to it. And it was not so spicy. Really loved this. This is how I like my Tom Yam soup to be!

Tom Yam Prawns Soup

Huge Crab Claws with Tanghoon noodles

This is the Tanghoon dish which had huge crab claws underneath it. It was really good. After eating up all the Tanghoon and Crab Claws, I saw really a lot of garlic cloves right at the bottom. But the funny thing, the dish did not have any strong garlic taste.

Huge Crab Claws with Tanghoon noodles

Fried Crab Rice

Missed out to take a picture of this. The Fried Rice was good and absolutely tasty. It had a lot of crab meat in it too. Probably the best fried rice ever.

Thai Jelly

Jelly was white but not almond taste. Topped with some longans, it reminds me of those longan jellys I buy from Soya Bean shops. Nice and refreshing.

Thai Jelly

So do make your way here one day to try out this place and let me know what you think. For reservations you may contact this number below and perhaps ask for a clearer direction on their location.

Pls Call: 016-4322986
Location: Nearby to Penang Hill (Roundabout take 3 o'clock turning if you are coming from Masjid Negeri Road and head straight till you reach the end. It is the house on the left)

4 comments:

Food Promotions said...

The crab tang hoon looks superb. I must give a taste on it. Thanks for the review

www.foodpromotions.blogspot.com

Cheryl Wee said...

Huaaaaa, my salivas are galivanting already just looking at the pics! Must visit...


May i know what's the 'damage' for your meal?

Anonymous said...

Huge Crab Claws with Tanghoon noodles is my favourite.. honestly all the dishes is so tasty, and diff..

dining tables said...

Everything is so yummy. I am so hungry right now. I wish those delicious foods is in my table. I need to go out and eat those foods.