Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Pearl Hill Cafe- Chu Char food


This was introduced by my friend Becky to try out the Guiness Stout Chicken and the Nestum Squid. So last Sat, took my parents up here to try it out.

Place is along Jalan Lembah Permai. They open every day except every alternate Wednesday (Lunch: 11am- 2pm, Dinner: 5.30pm- 10.30pm).

We were the first customer when we reached. Place had a lot of parking space so you do not have to worry where to park.

As we sat down the lady came with her menu and before I even read it, I already placed my order for Guiness Stout Chicken and Nestum Squid. However to my disappointment, Nestum Squid was unavailable, so I ordered nestum prawn mantis instead.

Their menu is quite simple. They breakdown the meats into sections and for example if you want chicken they list down the different styles of chicken they have. Reading through, there were some other interesting dishes in their menu for example pork ribs with cheese. Wonder how that would taste.

So anyways since there were 4 of us, we couldn’t order much so this is what we tried out.

Nestum Prawn Mantis

I have always loved anything that that was cooked with Nestum. And the more Nestum I have the better it is. This dish was good for me. If comparing the nestum taste to Double Good Rest, I would say Double Good’s Nestum spare ribs were nicer taste.


Guiness Stout Chicken

I think the best ever I have tried was from this restaurant called Jade Phoenix. But they have closed down and I have no idea if they have moved elsewhere. Anyone knows anything? Do drop me a comment.

Anyways, this place here it was good but I guess I am just spoilt with Jade Phoenix version.

Marmite Pork

It was good

Asparagus cooked with Sambal

It tasted good but the asparagus they gave us was old therefore it was rather chewy and stringy the swallow.

Claypot Beancurd

The beancurd here is homemade. The claypot had a lot of things in it which made it all interesting to dig. They had pork, leek, baby corn and carrots in it.

For what we ordered it came out quite reasonably priced (RM 55). A great place to come have chu char. Cheap and good!

All dishes were wiped clean!

No comments: