Tuesday, September 27, 2005

"NEW" Job....

I have a painfull ulser on my tongue. Didn't know it was that bad until lunch today when i was trying my very best to chew the chicken without having to suffer that weird pain. Looks like Bonjela's coming out tonight....

And so about my 'new' job. It's not 100% confirmed yet. Still waiting for HR to contact me on further details. But I cross my fingers all goes well and that i'll be satisfied to what they have to offer me. It's been very exciting at the moment. The thought of chucking my work aside to a new girl. The thought of "worry no more" on my work...and the best thought, telling my director off about the smoking environment in the office. Can't wait....

The 'new' job would be as a buyer. This was the last position I had in mind last time...but as time passed by with alot of nagging from Boo....I started to realise that my career path with the experience I have now would be good for that line. So I started applying vigorously. But for this particular position, my previous boss helped me out. She was advising me to leave this company as she sees alot of potential in me but i'll be stunted if i stay on in the current company. So she helped me to submit my resume. Really need to thank her when it's 100% confirmed.

But apart from the excited-ness, I'm getting abit nervous. Nervous why?
1) Don't know if I can handle the job well. What if I mess up things?
2) New atmosphere and colleagues
3) Have to work hard, stay back, come back during weekends to finish work (as advised during the interview when there are alot of projects running)
4) Will I have time to spend with my Boo in the evenings?
5) Would my gym times be messed up?

I guess I'll have to make some sacrifices. As my Dad says, I'm still young, work hard, climb up the corporate ladder so that later on in life I can enjoy. So I guess I have to embrace all these fears and nervous-ness. Phew adulthood sometimes is hard. One has to juggle with money, decisions, career and one's future as we can't depend on our parents anymore. I've always had this responsibility with me that as my parents grow older and retire, I'll have to take over all expenses and look after them. So being the only child, all finances will be coming from me and not shared by any siblings. What if I don't have enough to support them? I certainly don't want to dissappoint them but give them a good and exciting life for them to retire in. I know my parents love travelling. Hopefully in the future i can afford to send them on a few holidays. That would be exciting.

So is my future good??

Cher writting off....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mystifying nano Screen Issue
There have been reports of two problems: 1) the screen seems to scratch easier than other iPods, and 2) it will actually crack under normal use.
I really enjoy your blog, I have a site that may be of interest at http://customsuperhomes.com/jeffob It is about## Hurricane proof homes## and covers The## home business## that will change the world.