Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Satay Babi Anyone??


If you know what i'm talking about, the satay babi located at Bangkok Lane. Then no need to read....but if you have no clue, you've got to be kidding!!!!!Call yourselves true Penangites!!!


You can find him on every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday mornings along Bangkok Lane. He starts selling at around 8. Around lunch time if he still has satay left he'll move over to another destination which i don't know the name of the road.


I started eating this satay since I was small back in my Nanny's house in Green Lane. He use to cycle up his cart in the mornings and I use to get so excited running out with the plate to order his satay. After that he didn't come regularly to Green Lane. Next I found him along Hamilton Road on every Sundays. Use to get my dad to hunt him down after Mass. Then he stopped coming. Thought he had already stop selling. But when i started college faith must have brought me back to him again. Realised he now he sells near my college and Bangkok Lane. Whopppie!!!!

This Satay Babi is not like any other satay. It doesn't have the serai taste. It's totally marinated in a different way. And what's good about his satay, he serves it with sweet potato sauce (not any normal peanut satay sauce) and as a side dish we can have toasted bread soaked in coconut and kunyit. Marvelous!


Every fourth night, he sells intestines. But I have never tried it before. But according to my parents it's very juicy, tender and tasty. Usually it goes like hot cakes and if your lucky you get to have a few sticks.


No comments: