Thursday, January 10, 2008

Apom Along Burmah Road

You would sure not to miss the two Apom sellers along Burmah Road. I feel they are brothers as they both look alike. But one is friendlier then the other one who is abit grumpy. Prices have increased now as it is RM 0.30 each. But I still can't judge which stall sells the nicer apom.

Stopped by to let my Aunty have some. She sort of forgot about apom until she took a bite and remembered how it used to taste like. As usual "feel like heaven" words came out from her mouth again!

The Stall, Apom Chooi

First he pours the batter on the pan mould. Batter has coconut bits in it.

Then he puts 3 slices of banana and some sweet corn in the middle and lets it cook for awhile


He then folds the apom to half and puts aside to cool

The inside of the half eaten Apom. It's good. Nice to eat it when it is still hot.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice Apom. bhind is my primary school :-)

eric10234 said...

I thought I would just add on to this post.

I used to live in that neighborhood and the two apom sellers along the road are brothers. The stall nearer to the traffic light was the original stall.

His brother came over after a few years. Probably that's why he is grumpy as his brother is coming to steal his customers away. =)

Did you know that the apoms used to be RM1 for 7 pieces (@ 15 sen each)?

By the way, I like your blog.