Sunday, January 06, 2008

Sri Ananda's Bahwan best Tosai in town

Another spot which me and my mum took my aunty was to Little India for Tosai, Roti Canai and shopping for punjabi suits.
Sri Ananda's is my favourite place to have Tosai. I used to like to order their cripsy ghee tosai till I started putting on weight fast. So stopped it and continued with the normal tosai. But it's still good. For me, the tosai which I clasify as good must have that sour taste in it. That's when the rice flour is really fermented well. And it must be served with the coconut chutney. Some places you go only serves it with the dhall curry...how can!!!

Besides selling Tosai and Roti Canani, they also serve banana rice and tandoori sets. Their food is good and tasty but not recommended to those who have high blood presure as the food here is on the salty side. Tandoori on the other hand is so so here. Still can't beat my favourite place Kapitans. But all in all thumbs up to this place.

After filling our stomachs, we headed to walk walk in Little india. Place was packed with people as Deepavali was just around the corner. We went to man y punjabi suit shops and you can imagine how many suits my aunty tried on, close to 15 pairs. And every suit I took a snap shot. It was so funny to see my aunty and mum shopping for the suits rather than me doing the shopping. The damage was mum bought 2 suits and my aunty bought two punjabi blouses. They manage to get a good deal for it....barganning skills I must say.


Tosai served with from left Coconut Chutney, Onion curry and Dhall curry

How the Tosai is made. He's making ghee tosai, yummy

Indian sweets
The dishes
Walking along Little India
Indian jewellery
Aunty going goo goo gaga over the punjabi suits


The sisters trying clothes together. The victim is me the camera lady

No comments: