Thursday, January 03, 2008

Surprise No. 1 (Part A and B): Airport and Le Nid

This was fun…..a lil white lie made to my family.

Aunty Jean from Australia was coming down on 13th Dec 2007. No one knew about it except for Ed as I had to pakat with him to drag my parents to the airport. The plan was making sure parents are at home at 10pm.

The day before manage to get my mum to put up the Christmas tree. You can imagine what ideas my parents got with this whole secret. First they thought I was having some engagement announcement on that night. They thought the Ed’s family was coming over to the house. Then later on, they thought I arranged for a caroling group to the house. It was hilarious, but I had to bear with the secret for weeks.

On the night itself, when I came back home around 9.30pm, they were saying - Dad, “so Pacaldo’s coming over to house issit?”- Mum “I know she probably called carolers to come to the house, that’s why she made me put up the X’mas tree”….I kept silent and went upstairs for a bath. Then came 10pm, I screamed from upstairs, “Mum Dad, get changed. We’re going out” Parents were then confused as what they thought was all wrong.

In the car Dad suddenly said as I turned to Ed’s road, “I know we’re going to the Pacaldo resident.” Mum said, “and we’re only dressed in shorts and T shirt”.

At Ed’s house I gave a ‘Toot Toot’ and dad went, “Ei, no we’re only fetching Ed.”. Then came the idea of “We’re going to the airport. But who’s coming back?” The only person my parents could think about was that my cousin Lynn from Dubai was coming back. Ed on the other hand, played around with that idea with my parents and convinced my parents 100% it’s Lynn coming down.

At the airport, they waited while I was getting all worked up on making the surprise a success. Was so worried that we were late and that my aunty had already made her way out the arrival door. Ed kept me calm but though I think he was a lil irritated with me being so worried and excited. We waited quite long actually. Then there were finally people walking out. Got my parents to stand up and look. Waited for about 10 minutes again, aunty never showed up.

Then from a far Ed saw a lady which looked like my aunty, gave me an eye signal and I told my parents to look out. Dad saw someone that looked like this aunty but he didn’t think for a second later as she’s the last person they would think of who would come back. Then mum saw someone, thought it was her elder sister from London (another aunty) but thought it couldn’t be cos the size was much bigger. So there was silence for awhile until my aunty was clearly seen.

Parents were so shocked when they saw Aunty Jean. Yes that’s the look I wanted to see.

Aunty Jean is my mum’s younger sis who migrated to Australia since she finished high school. It has been 13 years since she last came back. She looked really different from the last time I saw her but she still had her signature laugh/giggle which reminds me so much of my Nanny.

So Surprise no 1 part A was a success. Now come surprise no 1 part B which is surprising Anna at my Nanny’s house (Le Nid). In the car, gave Anna a call to tell her that my friends will be dropping me off to the house. To my surprise my aunty from Ipoh was in the house too. So yea…I get to surprise 2 people there.

As we reached the house, we gave a honk and made Aunty Jean hide in the car. Parents were playing along. Once Anna reached the gate Aunty Jean came out of the car. For a split second there was silence. Then my Aunty Lilian went, “Eh that’s Jean” Then Anna went, “Who? Where I can’t see.” Then Aunty Jean stepped forward towards the light and gave her out her giggle. Anna then could recognize her but you know what she said to Aunty Jean, “why are you here” so many times to Aunty Jean…..hahahahhahaha so weird but funny.

So surprise was a success. But didn’t manage to get any tears flowing down the victim’s cheeks. Well Thanks to my Ed for pulling along with me on this. Without him I sure would be in havoc.


Parents waiting at the airport

and waiting....


Aunty Jean finally walks out

Shocked looks followed by hugs

Picture at the airport

Anna trying to look who's outside

Nasi Lemak (Liverpool) for supper
Liverpool Nasi Lemak found along Batu Lancang road

No comments: