Thursday, January 10, 2008

Prontip, Thai Restaurant

This is one of our favourite place to go for Thai Food. It's along Peel Avenue Road. Prices there are reasonable and the place is usually packed for dinner during the weekends. Even my cousin from Dubai is crazy with this place. The day we went for dinner was the second time in a row for dinner my cousin had (the day before they ate here).

So brought my Aunty Jean to Prontip to spice up her stomach. I must say her spicy tolerance is somewhat like my standard. Can't really stand hot stuffs.

There were 6 adults and 2 kids. Everyone was so excited ordering that we all lost count of what we ordered or how many dishes we had ordered. Thanks to the waiter also for not repeating our orders we were served with 11 different dishes....madness!!!! The food just kept coming and coming till we had no more place on table. Even the waiters there were smiling at us crazy pigs.

So what did we order, details below.
1) Deep Fried Kangkung
This is my favourite. The best so far I can find in Penang. It's kangkung vege tossed in batter and deep fried. Love to eat it together with the thai chilli sauce. Even my lil cousin ate it like it was some kinda crackers.

2) Belachan Kangkung
Like any normal ones. Kangkung cokked with belachan and chilly (shrimp paste)

3) Tanghoon with prawns cooked in a claypot
Not too bad. Prawns are huge. But must be carefull when you eat the Tanghoon as there's peppercorns. This dish is not spicy.

4) Special Thai Fish fingers
Fish flesh minced and made into fish fingers. It was good. Eat it with the thai chilli sauce.

5) Thai Fish Cake
-Good also. Minced fish fried with spices. Had chopped long beans in it too. Eat it with the thai chilli sauce.

6) Seafood Tomyam
- Good but too spicy for me!!!

7 + 8) Homemade Taufu with Thai Chilli Sauce (2 plates)
Okla. Me not a tauhu fan. Prefer japanese tauhu. Kids love this and thanks to them they ordered two plates!!

9) Kerabu Mango
Mango sliced thinly and mixed with chilly, fish sauce, lemon, vinegar, cashewnuts and other ingredients. MMmmm....mamamiah! Lovely but beware of the tiny chilli padi. Be sure to wear your specs for inspection.

10) Deep fried fish with some sauce
Okla. I can be fussy when it comes to fish. I only like certain types of fish. Fussy pot I can be sometimes.

11) Deep Fried Pork Knuckle
Good to eat it with the special chilli sauce. Lovely but sometimes it's abit too hard from the over frying. I love the flesh in between the joints...full of that jelly cartilage

For dessert we were served with boiled gandum in sugar. I didn't like it as it had the cockroach smell and taste. I think they should have boiled it with some pandan leaves.

Fried banana snacks

Fried Ikan Bilis Thai style

Deep fried kangkung

Belachan kangkung

Tanghoon with prawns

Fish fingers

Thai Fish Cake

Seafood Tomyam

Homemade Taufu

Mango Kerabu

Fried Fish

Deep Fried pork Knuckle

The leftovers

The awful desert

No comments: