Thursday, January 10, 2008

Trishaw Ride in Town

This is my cousins favorite thing to do every time she comes back....to go for a trishaw ride. After stuffing ourselves with food from Prontip, we headed to Penang Road and hired 4 trishaws. I pitty the trishaw uncles as we probably weighted 2 kilos more!!!

Ride was good, for RM 20 per trishaw we went to Penang Road, Chulia Street, Lil India, Esplanade, and back on the road where the Muzuem and St Xavier's is. The night was very windy that it was kinda cold having the wind against us. At some area along Chulia Street was abit scary as there was heavy traffic and big huge buses just next to us. But yea trust the trishaw uncle as they have experience with this. Weird thing was we had quite alot of people staring at us. Probably wondering why these locals riding the trishaw. But one thing to be carefull when riding the trishaw is to have your handbags in a safe place where no passing motorists can snatch your bag from you. At certain areas in Lil India was abit scary as the street was all dark and lonely. Had weird men standing in the dark looking at us.

I enjoyed the ride, made me remember those times when I was in school. I used to take the trishaw to school everyday until I got too tall and heavy for the uncle, he didn't want to take me anymore....so sad!!!!

So it's a good experience to sit on the trishaw once awhile. At least support the trishaw uncles waiting along Penang Road for customers. What more keep the Penang heritage and culture alive.

Trishaws along Penang Road just infront of Hotel Malaysia

Mum and Aunty Jean

Ed and Max my cousin

My Cousin

Mum enjoying her ride

Along Penang Road. That's my Trishaw Uncle

We actually made the uncle to chase after the rest to be the first in front!

No comments: