Sunday, January 06, 2008

Hawker Food: Bee Hooi Coffeeshop

After all the surprises made and done, I was busy being a tour guide for my Aunty. We had many visits to food places which all my Aunty could say, "feels like heaven" after every bite of a dish. Well what can I say, 13 years of not eating penang food does, make it feel like heaven when you do eat it.

So one of the places I brought her too was the corner coffee shop called Bee Hooi located in Pulau Tikus just opposite Bellisa Row. This place is famous for it's Assam Laksa and popiah. There is always alot of people eating here and it only opens for business for dinner.
That day my cousin from Ipoh came down with her family and wat a nice time we had catching up on our lifes and to some reason, my cousin's husband couldn't get enough of having conversations with my aunty. He said that she was a very interesting person to talk too. Well me being good listener rather than a talker, listened to their conversations. It was fun as there were topics about sex and sex jokes and funny little games of "you ask me any question and I'll answer truthfully".
So back to the food, we had ordered quite a number of dishes. Had Lor Bak, Otak Otak, Popiah, Satay, Char Koay Teow, Yam cake, laksa and wan Tan Mee. All was so good. There goes another day of Diet failure!
Glorious Food, Otak Otak, Lor Bak, Char Koay Teow, Yam cake & Satay

Waiting for their meal to be served

No comments: