Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Dinner for Ed, Kiam Chai Boi

Since my parents weren't at home, I decided to cook up a special dinner for Ed yesterday. Made him his favorite Sour Soup or in Chinese it would be called "Kiam Chai Boi".

Actually my grandmother "Ahma" is the one who makes the best soup. Ed loves it and eagerly awaits when Chinese New Year comes to eat it. Last year during Chinese New Year, Ahma did show Ed and Me how to make it. Ed equipped with his pencil and notebook started writing down the ingredients and procedures. I just wonder what happened to the note pad.

Well all you need for this soup is meat (Duck, Chicken or Pork). Then the pickled vegetable called "Kiam Chai", some chinese mushroom, assam gelugor, pickled assam "sum boi", taufu and lotsa onions. And not forgetting salt and pepper to your taste.

With all the ingredients in a pot, pour in your desired amount of water and boil and boil the ingredients together until a magical potion is created. However this soup is best served the next day. So like me, I made it on Sunday night, kept it in the fridge and heated it up yesterday for dinner.

Then had the mood to set up the table and have some kinda romantic candle light dinner. But unfortunately, the candles couldn't light long as we both needed the fan on. What a bummer!!!!But I enjoyed it even though Ed ate so fast-just when I was 1/4 through the food on my plate!

Ed's verdict on the soup was ok only, he said I needed more practice on the soup to perfect it. Well I agreed with him. I would say I would give it a 5/10 score. certainly not fit to serve Queen Elizabeth...hahahhaha


Ingrendients: Chicken, chinese mushroom, sum boi, onions, taufu and kiam chai

Assam Gelugor

Table set for two

Magic potion which rated 5/10

No comments: