Friday, December 07, 2007

Missy Donut, Queensbay Mall

Newly opened at Queensbay Mall and Gurney Plaza.

Yesterday was with mum buying groceries when I saw that the shop was opened, Missy Donut. It’s supposedly donuts from Japan, some franchise I guess. So I didn’t quite believe, thought it was some local copy cat, so I went surfing on the Internet. Apparently there are branches around outside of Penang.

Gave a call to Ed to let him know,
Cheryl: Ed, Missy Donut open already, where are you now?
Ed: On the way back.
Cheryl: You want me to buy back dinner for you?
Ed: I got food at home
Cheryl: You sure?
Ed: Can buy me donut?
Cheryl: ….silence…errmmm with my mum now. She’ll sure grumble if I buy.

So you know what happened next? I went back, dropped my mum home, Ed fetched me, and we headed to Queensbay just to try out Missy Donut. Equipped with the new camera, I shyly took pictures of the shop.

The shop had that Dunkin’ Donuts smell. The smell of old recycled oil which I do not like. So it was a first turn off for me. But the donuts all looked so pretty at the counter waiting to be bought. Choices was not much in a way compared to the choices Big Apple offers. Donuts were actually expensive I would say. We bought a box of 6 for RM 11.00.

I only choose 1 type, Snow Kaya and the rest Ed picked. I can’t remember the names but I think there was 2 glazed donuts, chocolate almond, chocolate crunch, and chocolate pistachios…not sure.

Since both of us could not be seen eating the donuts at home, we ended up at my field eating the donuts by the roadside. What a way to hide from the people not allowing us to eat donuts!!!!Sneaky sneaky!!
So how was the donuts? I didn’t like it. I would give a 3/10. It wasn’t so wonderful.

This is the Box design

The shop lot at Queensbay opposite Tako Tao

The Variety of Donuts. Some missing as finished
Box of 6 for RM 11

Snow Kaya. Pandan kaya was nice only
Model posing with the donut







2 comments:

Rosalind said...

AAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH
SNEAKY PIGGIES!!!!!
SO FARNEY!!!!

Shimmers said...

why la u can't eat donuts in front of other ppl? why sneaking?