Monday, December 10, 2007

Mizi Bistro at First World Park

This was my second visit to this place. On my first visit I chatted to one of the owners. He looked so familiar so I told him and to my surprise he is the same owner of the restaurant at Prangin Mall called La Gourmet. Mizi Bistro is a second branch.

I asked, “Why is it called Mizi Bistro instead of La Gourmet since it’s a second branch?”
He replies, “Well cos the concept of Mizi Bistro is that we serve alcohol and place is set to be like a Bistro place. (They have their own liqueur license)

On my first visit there, I had the Chicken Parmagianni served with some pasta. The dish had abit too much of herbs especially in the pasta, too much rosemary and thyme. Kinda overdosed on the herbs that it left me with smelly burp the whole night. I did get the picture of the dish, but it’s in a friend’s camera.

But never mind, on my second visit last Sunday, I was equipped with my own camera. Came in with my parents and my grandma. We all had the set lunch. Prices are reasonable here, RM 16.90++ for a drink, a soup, main course and desert. You get to choose your drinks, soup and main dish from the variety of dishes in the menu. However meat section and seafood section was excluded here. But still quite a lot of choices.

So mum had Chicken Stroganoff, Dad and Grandma has fish and I had Chicken Nelson.

Soup we all had Mushroom soup as it was one of their specialties there and was highly recommended by the waiter.

Drinks came first, and then a basket of bread slices with cold butter cuts followed by the mushroom soup. Soup was superbly good, rich, creamy and thick. Had full of tiny mushroom bits in it which made the soup thick. Two thumbs up for this. However to those non mushroom lovers you may not like it as it has a very strong mushroom taste and smell.

Then came Grandmas Fish dish. I forgot the name of the dish as it had some weird name to it which starts with a G. There was a gravy on the fish and topped with a lot of pickled capers. Taste was good but on a salty side. Need to cut down on the salt for this dish.

Then came mum’s dish, Chicken Stroganoff…Chicken breast slices with Pasta and cream. It was good. They had little peppercorn seeds in the pasta which I sort of ‘stole’ from my mum. Love those….Mum was satisfied with her dish.

Then came my dad’s fish dish. I think it was some Fish with white cream sauce topped with a banana fritter. The white cream sauce was good, but the fish had a very strong ‘fishy’ taste which sort of put me off. This happens when you use Dory Fish fillets. But dad still liked it and was not fussy with the fishy-ness.

Then came my dish later on. Service was a bit slow here, but can’t blame them cos they were running on a full house for lunch. I ordered the Chicken Nelson. Something I was eyeing on my first trip. Its chicken drumstick stuffed with cheese and crabstick. It looked good but taste wise was tasteless. Chef did not put any/enough herbs in the chicken. I could taste the strong chicken taste. The batter on the other hand was a bit too hard. Well big disappointment for me…had to sprinkle pepper and salt on the chicken and curi-ed abit of mum’s cream sauce and peppercorns to give my dish taste. Thumbs down for this dish.

As or dessert, it was free flow of ice cream with condiments such as chocolate rice, chocolate fudge/strawberry/mango sauce. Even though my dish was disappointing, I think I’ll still go back to this place to try out other dishes. I have faith with the chef and the workers there are very friendly. There’s quite a lot of write up on this restaurant from other bloggers so I recommend you to try it out and judge for yourself.

Mizi Bistro

Superbly good Mushroom Soup

Grandma's Fish dish. See those little round bijis. That's the pickled capers. Dish was too salty.

Chicken Stroganoff

Fish with white sauceChicken Nelson

No comments: