Monday, December 03, 2007

Nasi Lemak, Kedai Kopi Jin Hoe, Pulau Tikus

Last Saturday, dropped Ed off at work in the morning and met up with Becky for breakfast.
I asked "where shall we makan?" Becky replied "Lets go for Nasi Lemak at Pulau Tikus" It can be found in the Kedai Kopi Jin Hoe which is just opposite Plus Zone at Pulau Tikus.

This is a very old fav Nasi Lemak place which I have eaten since I was a small girl. It's different from the other Nasi Lemak. I think it's Nonya style. What's different is that the rice is sticky and lemak and it's served with assam prawns, assam fish, cucumber and a spoon of sambal belachan. As an extra you can add in ikan billis. There's no curry gravy for this Nasi Lemak. However somehow I think the standard has gone down after the next generation took over. That "kick" is somewhat missing!


Those days when I was small I would come with my mum as early as possible to have two plates of this Nasi Lemak. Then after eating me and my mum would go to the market and buy stuffs. Somehow Pulau Tikus Market has that special market feeling. Even that day after eating with Becky, we both went round the market to looksy-looksy. We stopped by at a few clothes shops on the way. They had some nice clothes besides those aunty-ish clothes. But unfortunate for me, they didn't have my size...so Becky did the spending in the end. She bought herself a cargo pants for only RM 49.90.

Then we walked around the market, passed the chicken area and into the pork area to buy some iced pork for my dogs. Then we headed to the makan place for some Soya Bean drink. I was hoping to get some Nonya kuih there, but was abit too late as the nice kuihs were all sold out. So then we both headed to those tiny shops there which sold all sorts of stuffs. Becky and me ended up buying some really cheap hair accessories. Then at one end of the market, we ended up at another coffee shop which I spotted a stall selling the thin apom. So bought myself 4 pieces to eat. Apom was ok...had a strong coconut oil taste. The aunty actually posed for me when I took out my camera. The as we were walking back to the car Becky saw some DVD's and she bought herself some chinese series shows. Sighh.....she bought the one with her fav actor. Supposedly she said "He's so cute, look look"...but I did not know who this actor was or heard of his name so was not interested with it.

So that's about it for my Saturday morning adventure.

Crispy Apom Aunty posing for me

No comments: