Monday, December 10, 2007

Penang Power Puffs

This shop lot has been opened for quite sometime at my taman. So decided today to take a drive and ta pau back some and blog about it. Actually this is my second time eating it.

The power puffs or simple name, curry puffs are freshly made here- A shop lot turned making/cooking curry puff place. To my surprise they had a variety of curry puffs flavors. Gone were those days of just plain old chicken curry puffs. Here they sold5 types of puffs; chicken curry puffs, tuna puffs, sardine puffs, yam puffs and lamb puffs. Prices were reasonable with the size.

So how was it....well too oily for one thing.
- Chicken puff was abit spicy for my chilly standard.
- Tuna puff was not so wow. had alot of onions and no curry flavour. tasted more like the ayam brand tuna mayonaise.
- Yam puff previously was weird for me. Maybe I'm not a yam fan. It was abit sweet.
- Sardine puffs- have to try one day on a sardine lover as I hate sardines.
- Lamb Puff- they had no more, bummer I wanted to try that!

Power Puff shop lot

The variety of power puffs

Size of a Power Puff

Chicken curry Power Puff

Tuna Power Puff. Sorry bad picture taken here.

No comments: