Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Lamb kebab with Rice anyone?

Last weekend, a friend introduced us a place to try out the stall that sells Lamb and Chicken Kebab served with Tomato rice. Stall is located somewhere near TAR college (Tanjong Tokong) somewhere near a low cost flat which has a food court. It was dark, so I don't really know the way there. All I know at a corner turning I could see TAR college. The place is called Yam Sheng Food Court. Not many stalls were selling that night though, but thank goodness the stall we wanted was opened.

They had a few types of kebab. You can choose from Spicy or non spicy lamb and chicken kebab. Being the pig I am, I ordered 1 spicy lamb kebab set and an additional non spicy chicken kebab. Waited for awhile before my meal arrived. Can't blame the guy as he was the only person running the stall. Spicy Lamb Kebab was good. Well marinated with that tandoori taste in it served with a small helping of tomato rice. All was good until it got too spicy for me. Had to order 3 cups of drink just to cool my mouth down. You can just imagine my appointment the next morning in the toilet!

The non spicy chicken kebab on the other hand, it lo0oked blend but boy did it taste good. Had alot of spices taste marinated to it. Very good with a but..... needs to cut down on the salt. So in summary not a bad place to try out.

Yam Sheng Food Court

The kebab stall called Grill kebab

Spicy Lamb kebab set

Spicy Chicken Kebab set

Chicken kebeb non- spicy

No comments: