Friday, October 28, 2005

2 More days

I've got 2 more working days here at my old office. Been slowly cleaning up my table. It's kinda nice feeling. Documents not relevant, throw away. Information of things not relevant to me, throw away. Documents for reference which I'm not going to need, pass down. It's like some spring cleaning going on....but you get to throw alot of things away....hahahaha

Sales person here...as expected...one is leaving same day as me. She didn't even last for a month! Now the other sales guy....he's beginning to freak out as just this month 4 colleagues tendered in. Since I'm no longer here to do quotations, he's getting overloaded with it. He has to juggle with quotes and appointments with customers. I can seriously understand his dilemma. When I was fully doing all quotes, when there were no sales person hired, it was pretty tight for me to juggle with it. Plus with issues on pricing, part number this and that from customer serviceI was really up to my neck. Used to sometimes get so irritated when small matters customer service comes to look for me to solve. Like 'duh' solve it yourself! Then I used to get so pissed when the company took so long to hire sales people. They just depended on me so much to service the customers indoor. What if I decided to leave then....the company would be sales person-less. Customer service here don't know anything about quoting and pricing...bosses not around...no one here has product knowledge....It was seriously a risk the company took.

But one thing I'm proud of myself....I manage to learn everything on my own hardwork. From someone with no electronic component knowledge...I manage to pull through on my own. Pushed myself to learn as much I can, understand as much I can and made sure I don't have to depend on anyone...work independantly. That's the best medicine to succeed.

I used to have a hard time with one of my principles (supplier). He is one arrogant fella. Used to hate talking to him. He wasn't approacable. Wasn't helpfull. But I pulled through. Today he has praised me on my work to my boss and department head. Said I've improved alot. I'm very efficient with my work. I'm performing very well. He even gave me a call to inform me of what he thinks about me. Gosh....was I superbly surprised when he said that.

But unfortunately, I'm leaving this company. When he got the news about my tender, he himself was shocked. Asked me why. Then he said why so weird timing when he just appraised me to my boss (which is something he rarely does). Well even if i continued here, with his praise, I doubt I'm going to get any increment or anything. My boss here for one thing, didn't even give me a proper appraisal last year. Like I would get a proper one this year?

The funny thing, only when I leave people here start to appreciate me. The new sales are saying I'm very important. Even the sales told me that my boss told them I'm very important to the company. For me important isn't the right word....I would rather say they depend on me to get work done. Hmmmm......

Oh well aside all the negative things, will certainly miss this company. Since we are a few here, there's a bond between everyone. There's freedom here to a certain extend. We have makan sessions occasionally. We joke around. We gossip abit. We get to know everyone personally. I don't have to do 4 hrs OT...hehehhehehe

Well I'll certainly miss this company.

No comments: