Sunday, October 30, 2005

New Restaurant in Gurney Plaza

Sunday for lunch, followed my parents to try out this new restaurant located at the basement of Gurney Plaza. The Restaurant's called Pastasia. It's quite new. I think about a months old only. They sell Fusion Food. The menu was ok. Had some really fusion type of food. But however what was on the menu doesn't really go with the name of the restaurant. Why I say so.....there's not much variety of Pasta dishes!!! They have, appetisers (which is non pasta), Pizza (non pasta), Fish and Meat (non pasta), and a small section of Pasta dishes. That also ain't fusion-ish.

Apart from the menu, I liked the layout of the place. I liked the chair(sofa) which I sat on. Pretty moden and nice. The colour scheme for the restaurants black and white...so it brings some class to the place.

So this was what I ordered in the end. Didn't want to have the Pasta as I'm on a no Carbo diet....but in the end I had carbo's. But nevermind..weekend I'm out to enjoy my food abit. This is called a foldover pizza. The same as to what I had in my previous blog from Bella Italia (Post: 16/9/2005: Have you seen this size before). However this time it's being deep fried...ouch imagine the fats!! Ok back to the pizza, this was a Turkey Ham, mushroom and cheese foldover pizza. Taste wise, I'll give it a 4 out of 10. It didn't have Oumph... They should improve on making the taste more intense...perhaps more pizza herbs. But however I must say they were very generous with the Mozarella Cheese....had alot of it till I nearly choked on it trying to chew it down. Price@RM19.50++

This was what my dad had. He too is on a no carbo diet as well. This is called a Thai Style Seafood Salad. What's inside....1 mussle, 1 prawn, sotong, onion leaves, tomato, salad leave, Cucumber, chilli and purple salad. Portion was very small. Taste wise it had an intense thai taste. But it was too saltish. I didn't try it...so wouldn't be able to rate it. Price@RM10.50++


Next, finally a pasta dish. This was what my mum had, Carbonara Pasta. It does look good...but taste wise I'll give it 6 over 10. What was missing??? It was missing the bacon fragrance and taste. They put ham bits in which ain't tasty. Cream wise...it's was nice a creamy. Improvements to this would be to add in red wine, bacon bits and Black Pepper. Price@13.50 (i think).

Guess this would be the first and last visit to this restaurant.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.