Tuesday, October 25, 2005

New work exposure

Yesterday at my new office turned out well. Reached there at 6.15pm. Reported to the guard house. Had to wear a special cloth like shower cap on my feet.

Met my boss to be. It's a lady. Seems very nice and approachable. Hope my first impression of her is correct. Then I was showed to my table to be. I'm sharing the cubicle with another girl. Cool...at least I'll have company...but somehow she didn't seem friendly...arrghhh. Looks like I have to try and get to know her. If only everyone was like me...friendly and approachable. I hate having people who aren't friendly and approachable, like you mind your own business and I mind my own...oh darn.

My table....it's cool....it's longer, like a L shape. And it's green everywhere. Then I have my own cabinet. Actually each table has their own cabinet. It's on my shoulder level. Then I have my own drawer also....cool!!! I'm covered by three cubicle walls....so that gives me abit of privacy plus i can stick notes and cute stuffs on the cubicle walls.

The girl taught me how to create P/O and understand the demand and supply of materials needed. The funny thing is...I could capture most of it. Some terms came clearer for me as in my current work place...I've heard of certain terms....now I finally understand it. So i'm not so lost in my work to take over. But can't say much it was my first evening exposure. Dunno what she'll teach me this evening.

But it was a tiring day...I left there at 9.20pm with a headache. I think I was too hungry.

The scary thing is that there were alot of poeple staying back till 9 pm...oh boy am I going to be like them?? That means no Gym for me during the weekdays!!! It's sad....but what to do have to make sacrifices. Maybe when I get familiar with my work...I'll try and manage my time and perhaps shorten my lunch time and don't go for breakfast break together with tea breaks. Hope that will help.

Boo on the other hand...Thanks for being my driver....He has volunteered to fetch me back from work when I have to work overtime. Looks like I won't be driving to work as the car park is limited and it's kinda scary to park outside along the road as you have big big vehicles using the road.

So shall see what the second day brings for me....

2 comments:

Rosalind said...

YAY!!!!!


must go find greeny / bluey / yellowy stuff for ur new table!!
maybe get money plant, tht seems to be the in 'thing' to put on desks at work...

*think* *think*

Shimmers said...

waaa u all got breakfast break and tea break???!!! canggih man!!!!

yea!!! can decorate.. but then don't overdo.. like some ppl here.. i thought my room at home was a mess.. u should see their desks here!!! like garden cum store room cum kitchen cum filing cabinet!!!!

soooo packed!!! soooo full of stuff!! how can they work there man!!!!