Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Apex Coffee- Bay Avenue



A new makan place found in Bay Avenue, next to Queensbay. Place opened up beginning of Dec. It is one of those coffee places similar to Oldtown selling about the same food dishes. Except I would say that Apex has a wider variety to choose from for food. Well maybe there are some different dishes which Oldtown does not have.

Well anyways I have been here twice. It is a nice chill out place at night when you sit outside and enjoy the breeze and watch the cars that pass by the highway. But I feel not many people know of this place here. Ed had a TT session once with the Swift Club group members. Plenty of car park for them to park their cars all in a row. So it is good for those car groups to parade their cars - minus that loud boom boom sound system cars. There is Wi-fi here before I forget.

Anyways when I was there, this is what I tried out.

Cappuccino Coffee

I like my coffee strong and slightly bitter. I would say this was rather diluted for me.

Coffee Latte

It was rather sweet. Should cut down on the sugar.




Fruit Tea

A friend of mine that took it said it was good

French Toast

It was alright for me. Needs more peanut butter in it to give it that ‘kick’

Kaya and Butter Toast

Pretty alright.

Teriyaki Chicken

Portion was reasonable. Chicken was nice and crispy. A lot of sauce also.

***I came back again to have this and I was surprised the chicken was grilled instead of fried and there was no sambal served. Was rather miserable looking then. Was disappointing it turned out different. They was have consistency.

Apex Sandwich- Club Sandwich

It had chicken ham and egg in it. It was pretty normal. Nothing wonderful about it.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just had lunch with my friends there last week.. The Nasi lemak with Satay was good but..
- coffee was lousy
(some normal coffee shops are
better)
- Rm3 fries serving is too little
- Lemon Coke came as a can of Coke and a glass with ice and lemon slice for RM3.5?? Thought it was a special drink...

Anonymous said...

Actually i also don't like the coffee at there, old time more better...... Steven Lim (KS)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, their food is pretty average..
Coffee is average too, considering the fact that they're supposed to be a "coffee house"..

I like their pizzas though.

Wilson

Anonymous said...

actually the foods are better than old town XD