Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Bravo Italiana

A new Italian Restaurant found at I Avenue near Bukit Jambul area. It is called Bravo Italiana. Restaurant faces the main road, so you would not miss the striking colours of Green, White and Red. Inside the Restaurant, there are plenty of picture frames on the wall. It even has some pretty unique collectible items in there too. But I must say place is a bit too small and crowded.

I have been here twice so far and this is what I have tried so far. Since it was an Italian Restaurant, I just had to try their Carbonara Pasta. So this was the first dish I tried. I was a bit disappointed by it. Perhaps my expectations were too high. It did not have that Oomphh-ness in it even though it was creamy enough. Perhaps maybe it did not have the bacon taste and smell to it.

Carbonara Pasta

Next I tried was their pizza. We ordered ourselves a Pizza called Alla Sicilian. It had salami, black olives, tomato and capsicum in it.

Pizza called Alla Sicilian

Then in my second trip here, I tried another cream pasta. This time is was Pasta Fettuccine with tender stripes turkey, mushroom and white wine in a pesto sauce. It was good.

Pasta Fettuccine

With the two pasta dish I have tried, I tried out a dish which had nothing to do with pasta. It was called Ocean Catch Cleopatra. It was a pan sealed fish fillet with fresh herbs cooked with white wine and cream sauce. Helping size was small, so if you are a really hungry, this may not be a wise choice. Fish was alright, but the vegetables given, they could have cooked it with some butter rather than serve it boiled- tasteless.


Ocean Catch Cleopatra

For dessert I had to try out their Tiramisu. Portion size was quite reasonable. Perhaps 2 people could share this. It was good. Different in a way but still good. Cake fingers were soaked in coffee and a bit of liquor so it gave it a nice "soaky-juicy" texture.

Tiramisu

Then we also tried out another cake. It was a some kind of cheese cake which I cannot seem to remember the name. It was pretty normal. Nothing extraordinary about it.


I shall perhaps sometime soon, will come back here again to try out other dishes. Probably when I am feeling a bit rich as the prices are a bit pricey.

No comments: